So That's January Over...

meagain
meagain Posts: 2,331
edited February 2009 in The bottom bracket
....and considering the less than ideal weather quite happy with 636 miles (just over two thirds on fixed) pedalled. A lot more than the PTW has been allowed out in the ice and salt and rain!
d.j.
"Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."

Comments

• Good stuff. Just back in from my last ride of the month, managed to get to my 1000km target.
  • I was feeling great about my 500 mile January which is my best month ever by some distance (and it was January!!).

Now I'm gonna have to try harder in Feb :wink::wink:

David
  • snakehips
    snakehips Posts: 2,272
    Well done chaps , I've done 93 miles on the road and maybe a little bit more off road

regards.jpgfrom.jpgsnakehips.jpg
    'Follow Me' the wise man said, but he walked behind!
  • Good stuff. Just back in from my last ride of the month, managed to get to my 1000km target.

Anyone who can do a 1000km ride has my respect :wink:
    It doesn't get any easier, but I don't appear to be getting any faster.
  • pbracing
    pbracing Posts: 231
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Why not? My bikes.
    Summer & dry days
    http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp47 ... /Trek1.jpg

Wet winter days & going the shops runaround
    http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp47 ... rello1.jpg
  • I got my bike and began cycling on New Years Day and I managed 90 miles in January.
    Seems miserly in comparison!
    I'm aiming to increase each month as my legs get a bit stronger, starting with 26 miles tomorrow.
    :D
    Nostaliga: It ain't what it used to be.
  • Bilmey you peeps put some miles in !!!

I've just had the 4 Sundays this year on my new Yeti and have done 160 miles.
  • holmeboy
    holmeboy Posts: 674
    429 miles this January, 357 last January (this January definitly felt colder!) and 264 January 2007 (mildest!). 660 miles last Febuary though don't think I'll better that this year. :D :shock: :x :evil: :twisted: :roll: :oops: 8) :(:)
  • berliner
    berliner Posts: 340
    It's now 8 months since I last rode a road bike. Still plodding around on my hybrid. Am determined to get gouing again in Feb
  • meagain
    Two thirds of my miles were "plodding around" on a fixed Tricross Single with tractor tyres and the rest on a "roadified" '90s Saracen Kili Comp with 26x1.9s - it's the effort, not the bike!
    d.j.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    Did around 300 miles this month, not too bad as I had 2 weeks off at the start with a nasty cold/chest infection. It included a metric century, so not bad at all really.
  • According to my records I've bagged 1311km so far this year, makes a change from last year when an ice related broken ankle put me out of action for 6 weeks.

Come to think of it i made a few trips to the shops/pub and did a few laps round the velodrome, so lets call it 1400km for the month.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    A meager 130 miles, 62 of which were bagged on the MTB. Crap but still up on last January. :oops:
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    J ust done a tot up.I've done 674miles this Jan
    Being on the south coast prob did'nt get as much frost&ice as some of you unlucky guys&gals
    At least the days are getting longer now,if not any warmer!
  • morxy
    morxy Posts: 114
    450 miles for me this January (including a quick 3 mile round trip to Sainsbury just now!): 395 on my road bike; 55 on my hybrid. Was definitely a harsh, cold start to the month.
  • I got 550miles in so I'm chuffed with that, an improvement on last Jan to the tune of 140miles. Thing is I don't feel like I'm getting any fitter.

On the bright side Feb 2008 was a write off for me as I had a crash early doors and got next to nowt in. So, god willing Feb 2009 will be a big improvement and I'll be nicely set up for March and I'll be able to push on from there. :D
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • lfcquin
    lfcquin Posts: 470
    280 miles for me, although that doesn't include two 30 minute turbo sprint sessions a week. I thought I had done well until I read this thread! My best January for decades.

Must do better in Feb I think!
  • lfcquin wrote:
    280 miles for me, although that doesn't include two 30 minute turbo sprint sessions a week. I thought I had done well until I read this thread! My best January for decades.

Must do better in Feb I think!

Why do you not include Turbo miles, they are hard eaned ones in my opinion. I've included them in my tally, theres no rest on one of them god-forsaken beasts of torture.
    Tail end Charlie

• NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    last hope this cold spell this week is the last!!!

I can't wait for the warm spring and summer mornings. As the mercury rises girls clothing declines 8)
  • meagain
    And a cold and windy start to February this a.m.

In fact....damn cold and bloody windy!
    d.j.
  • I might just make it to the pub for a pre dinner bevvie. :)
    Tail end Charlie

• i did 200 miles....although i did have ten days off after a crash. Not overly happy! :?

gonna go out now to start febuary off properly

damn it's cold!
    pain is temporary..... but it does hurt!
  • i got 406 miles in which is my best Jan so far, but the first week in Feb is looking like its gonna be hard to get any miles in on the road bike , time to dig the MTB out then
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Due to the weather being so cold since 1st January i have only cycled to work , town centre e.t.c and no training but have clocked up 900 Kms.Th e roads have been constantly icy here for 4 weeks now, and quite frankly you would be a fool to go training in such conditions. The hometrainer is the best bet.
    Ademort :)
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura