" total cycling" shop, limnavady sucks!

Tomred
Tomred Posts: 41
edited February 2009 in MTB buying advice
hi all
hate to bitch but need to blow off steam or else ill go mad. Tried to buy a set of dt swiss xr 1450 from totalcycling near limnavady in nth ireland this week over the web, got a a confirmation email telling me my order and order number, the wheels cost 590 euros and i had saved up from my xmas funds, was very excited and had been hunting these wheels for the last month or so, anyway rang total cycling today to check on my order and they told me they didnt have the wheels in stock and that they could get them in again but they would be alot dearer and hadnt debited my bank acc. Their customer service is completely unsatisfactory. they said it was a mistake on the website! im disgusted and have rang the consumer rights agency and am going to lodge a complaint, what can i do ??? any suggestions please???... Has this ever happened to anyone else. totalcycling sucks!! back to chainreaction, at least they keep their word on price !!
Tomred
Klien
Kona
Tomasini
Basso

Comments

• Babbs
    Babbs Posts: 81
    Not sure legally but if some thing is advertised at a price thats the price i expect to pay. Not to be told that they are infact more expensive...... however they have not took the money from your account yet so really not sure. Are you local to the area? They are in campsie industrial estate. Never dealt with them myself i would just rather drive to Ballyclare to CRC......
  • Tomred
    cheers dude, am in the republic n was delighted to see another keen priced cycle store in ireland! back to the drawing board, will ring them on monday otherwise ill grab the wheels off crc !
    Klien
    Kona
    Tomasini
    Basso
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    there is nothing you can do, they are under no obligation to sell at that price. Looks like a genuine mistake on stock just as prices have risen. A pain I know, but it happens.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Legalities aside it's not good business practice to do something like that. It's their responsibility to keep the website upto date. Imagine if all the reatailers behaved like that, you trawl the web looking for the best deal only to find when you order it's actually more expensive, makes the whole web buying concept meaningless.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I do agree, but mistakes happen. If they had took the money it would be a lot worse. If a shop repeatedly does this trading standards could do them for false or misleading advertising.
  • Tomred
    have seen the wheels in cycleexpress for 600 euros, are cycle exprees reliable, do the deliver to ireland???
    Klien
    Kona
    Tomasini
    Basso