copper grease in Manchester city center?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited January 2009 in The bottom bracket
Hi.

Anyone know where to find some copper grease in Manchester city center, I need to urgently find it tomorrow and re do my bottom bracket so I can go on club ride on sunday which I REALLY want to go on, the BB is making a slight click, or my pedals are and I never used any copper grease.

Thanks
Will

Comments

• Anonymous
    It's not the crank arm of the non-drive side crank coming slightly loose is it?

Try undoing and tightening that.

I had the same 'clicking' and that's what it was...
  • Anonymous
    Maybe but the confusing thing is on each stroke it's like a separate click from each side.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Loctite do an antiseize in a stick, sold in Halfords
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Halfords or Screwfix, they're both in Manchester/Stockport - google it....
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    willhub wrote:
    Hi.

Anyone know where to find some copper grease in Manchester city center, I need to urgently find it tomorrow and re do my bottom bracket so I can go on club ride on sunday which I REALLY want to go on, the BB is making a slight click, or my pedals are and I never used any copper grease.

Thanks
    Will

have you tried RIBBLE? :lol:
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Anonymous
    No, the ride up there is too long.
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Evans on Deansgate? The one whose name escapes me on Bridgewater Street? Don't know if either do copper grease.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    Have you tried the 'Copper Grease Emporium' - upstairs in the Arndale Centre...??
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    iain_j wrote:
    Evans on Deansgate? The one whose name escapes me on Bridgewater Street? Don't know if either do copper grease.

It's Harry Hall Cycles, and it's Whitworth St West, not Bridgewater St.

Look, I'm not a Manchester native :D
  • There will be a branch of "ERIKS" in your vicinity and they will have copious stocks of various types of copper grease. Cheaper than the bike stores also!!

http://www.eriks.co.uk/branchfinder/bra ... re#maplink
  • If you go into withington cycles on burton road in withington and ask for rob. Say dan sent you and he'll give you a bit to put on no problem.
    Dan
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Is spray on copper grease any good - I bought some in B&Q the other day - sort of an impulse purchase - seems to leave a fairly thin film of it though and being a spray it's not a very thick consistency - but never having used copper grease before I don't know if that's sufficient.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.