chapeau to two drivers

jedster
jedster Posts: 1,717
edited January 2009 in Commuting chat
Yesterday I turned from Marble Arch onto Park Lane and a cyclist in front of me just hit the deck hard - no other vehicles involved.

The cyclist was moving a bit but couldn't get up. Park Lane is the morning rush is not the ideal place to be stretched out.

I stopped but so did two drivers. They used their cars to protect him from the traffic while we checked him out. One phoned for an Ambulance.

He'll be OK. Apparently he just put power down and the chain slipped off, his momentum took him into the road head first. Nasty looking bash on the temple, cuts to face and nose, usual damage to a hand and hip. He was pretty groggy and I suspect he'll have nasty concussion.

It was great that the drivers stopped. I came off in Town a couple of years ago and the traffic just steered either side of me.

Incidently (obligatory disclaimer: helmet wearing is a choice, I don't favour compulsion) he was not wearing a helmet. I think this is one of they types of accident that a helmet does make a real difference.

J

Comments