Gatecrasher - Sheffield

teagar
teagar Posts: 2,100
edited February 2009 in The bottom bracket
Anyone off to Gatecrasher 2009 in Shefifeld on Saturday night?

Looks like a cracker of a line up:

Main Room
Sander Van Doorn
Marco V
John O'Callaghan
Alex M.O.R.P.H & Woody Van Eyden
Jon O'Bir

Room 2 Hosted By Hang the DJ
Riley & Durrant
Adam Sheridan
James Dutton
Tim Weeks

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fear that, given the kind of demographic that is represented on the forum, there won't be many!

Shame though. Looks mega!
Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.

Comments

• Where's it being held? Not that I'm going 'cos I'm workin' in France atm, but just intrigued

And what's happening with the old Gatecrasher? I heard they were rebuilding it after it biurnt down but not heard nothing for ages....
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    teagar wrote:
    I fear that, given the kind of demographic that is represented on the forum, there won't be many!

Aye, you're probably right there. I've not done any kind of club night since Creamfields 2005 - there's a certain lack of dignity when you're on the 'wrong' side of thirty and stood in a field chewing yer own face off. :oops:

"Have fun at the disco, you young uns" etc...
  • teagar
    Where's it being held? Not that I'm going 'cos I'm workin' in France atm, but just intrigued

And what's happening with the old Gatecrasher? I heard they were rebuilding it after it biurnt down but not heard nothing for ages....

Carling Academy.

They usually hold the big one off nights there. They always do one night a year at magna, but that's HUGE.

As far as I'm aware they're not rebuilding it because they never got the insurance for the old club, since they recon it's a scam (and I think they probably have a point). Big shame though.
  • Ieuanllan
    Ieuanllan Posts: 152
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    teagar wrote:

Aye, you're probably right there. I've not done any kind of club night since Creamfields 2005 - there's a certain lack of dignity when you're on the 'wrong' side of thirty and stood in a field chewing yer own face off. :oops:

"Have fun at the disco, you young uns" etc...

+1, can't really remember the last time I was out 'really dancing', it was that long ago
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    This...
      Main Room Sander Van Doorn Marco V John O'Callaghan Alex M.O.R.P.H & Woody Van Eyden Jon O'Bir Room 2 Hosted By Hang the DJ Riley & Durrant Adam Sheridan James Dutton Tim Weeks
    ... could be the line up for the 2.30 at Chepstow as far as I'm concerned. I haven't heard of any of them. :cry:

Still, on the plus side, I'm part of a demographic - I don't think that's happened before.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • teagar
    8) Shame on you for not knowing Sander Van Doorn at least! And Marco V!

Anyway, update on the night - it was pretty damn good. Better than a few recent 'crasher events I've been to in the past. A fair bit harder and a bit more techy :wink:. Sander's set was partiucularly good!

Would have posted yesterday but I was too exhausted and had to celebrate chinese new year with some friends.

You missed out guys! Though you probably did get on the Sunday morning club run. And got cold.

Anyway, back to the research.