It was only a matter of time......

Bagman
Bagman Posts: 311
edited February 2009 in Commuting chat
I arrived at work, showered and guess what...... forgot to pack a shirt. :x Bl**dy annoying. Nowhere to buy one and several meetings to attend. I won't forget again!!

Comments

• I forgot my trousers once! That was most annoying :shock:
  • forgot the towel once

nothing worse than trying to dry yourself with sweaty kit
  • bluecow
    bluecow Posts: 306
    I forgot a towel once. It takes ages to dry yourself with toilet paper... :?
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    Forgotten towel = hot air handdrier.
    Drying self with hot air handdrier = very confused looking other users of the facilities.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • kevinn123 wrote:
    forgot the towel once

Actually, there is.

Trying to dry yourself with someone else's sweaty kit, for example.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Bagman wrote:
    I arrived at work, showered and guess what...... forgot to pack a shirt. :x Bl**dy annoying. Nowhere to buy one and several meetings to attend. I won't forget again!!

How did you solve the problem? Did you pull rank over some poor lowly minion who's now shivering in his string vest?
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    He draped two cartridge belts over his shoulders, like Rambo. Obviously.
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    kevinn123 wrote:
    forgot the towel once

Forgot the underwear once....had to make a quick trip to M&S before anyone noticed.
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Greg66 wrote:
    kevinn123 wrote:
    forgot the towel once

Actually, there is.

:lol::lol::lol:

True story ....

A guy who will remain nameless (Dave) at my last company but one used to cycle in every day, quite far to, said nameless (Dave) always had his kit drying on the radiators but never a towel in site plus we did not have showers in the office, so eventually we asked him about his mysterious lack of towel and how he'd been cleaning himself, to which he (Dave) replied "I use the hand towel in the gents, give my pits and parts a quick rub down and then spray with deodorant"

:shock:

That would be the ONE hand towel in the mens toilets that everyone uses for there hands :?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Bagman
    biondino wrote:
    Bagman wrote:

How did you solve the problem? Did you pull rank over some poor lowly minion who's now shivering in his string vest?

:lol::lol:
    Thought about attending meetings 'nipples out' but eventually chose to wear an operating theatre top (i work in a hospital). It looked odd but not totally out of place!
  • nottscobb
    nottscobb Posts: 147
    I've forgotten trousers once, luckily we have a degree of flexi-time and I was in reasonably early so I swapped the lunchtime ride for a quick ride home to fetch said trousers. Never forgotten them since, plus I now take all kit in on Monday and leave it in the shower room so I only need to double check on Mondays.
  • Greg66 wrote:
    kevinn123 wrote:
    forgot the towel once

Actually, there is.

That's the second mention of sweaty kits you've made...you worry me.
    <insert witty comment here>

Also, I have calculated my FCN as 12...although I have no idea what that actually means.
  • Tempestas
    Tempestas Posts: 486
    chuckcork wrote:
    kevinn123 wrote:
    forgot the towel once

Forgot the underwear once....had to make a quick trip to M&S before anyone noticed.

Curiosity has got me here, how would they know you were going commando? :shock:
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    Tempestas wrote:
    chuckcork wrote:
    kevinn123 wrote:
    forgot the towel once

I was going to ask that, and scared that people might notice me doing it and just not mentioning it.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • joew4ll
    joew4ll Posts: 43
    I have 2 pairs of trousers, 3 shirts and several changes of underwear in my drawers because I'm so bad at forgetting stuff. But with that amount I got complacent and had to give a presentation to the board with my lycra shorts on under my trousers - going commando in the situation would have been too much... :oops:
    '07 Focus Izalco Expert - Hairy Baggy Shorts Roadie (FCN 5)
    '02 Marin Bear Valley - MTB on Nobblies (FCN 9)
    '04 Dawes Giro 200 - Fast Hybrid (FCN 7)
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    chuckcork wrote:
    kevinn123 wrote:
    forgot the towel once

+1, except M&S wasn't an option and the trousers I had with me were quite lightweight ones. I felt a bit, ahem, exposed :oops:

Luckily it was a training day and I spent most of the time sat down in front of a computer.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    If I forgot my pants I'd just go commando.

Not really seeing the issue.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    I've forgotten stuff once or twice, but more than once i've turned up and my shower gel and/or towel have 'vanished' from the locker room. Towel usually reappears in the changing room (usually on the floor :? ) but a few times i've had to make do with just water. I hope those who borrowed my towel enjoy my infectious dermatitis :lol:
  • chuckcork
    Tempestas wrote:
    chuckcork wrote:
    kevinn123 wrote:
    forgot the towel once

Well, I doubt anyone would, but I would feel totally weird and would feel very self conscious about it. Besides, it is very uncomfortable to have the wedding tackle floating about inside one's trousers....
  • Jamey
    Jamey Posts: 2,152
    Tempestas wrote:
    Curiosity has got me here, how would they know you were going commando?

You mean you don't have trousers-down Tuesdays where you work?
  • Tempestas
    Tempestas Posts: 486
    Jamey wrote:
    Tempestas wrote:

No, the Health and Safety guy stopped it due to a nasty zipper accident

and chuckcork, surely you just tuck it in your sock to avoid it swinging?
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Greg66 wrote:
    kevinn123 wrote:
    forgot the towel once

Actually, there is.

or having to put the sweaty kit back on cause your locker at the gym wont work...
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Mikelyons
    Mikelyons Posts: 154
    I have come close to forgetting on various occasions

I now keep a 'spare' bag of old shirt/trousers/underwear in my desk drawer
    away from my 'normal' work wear which I keep in a separate cupboard.

When the normal spares run out I replace them, if I forget I have a second chance.

Mike
  • Fear of forgetting my trousers and a poor memory meant I ran out of trousers at home once...checked the locker at work and found them all!!!

Have occassionally left towel on peg in unisex changing room and remembered when IN the shower :roll: Umm, do I do the naked dash and hope nobody walks in or not :wink:
    Pain is only weakness leaving the body
  • steve-m
    steve-m Posts: 106

Have occassionally left towel on peg in unisex changing room and remembered when IN the shower :roll: Umm, do I do the naked dash and hope nobody walks in or not :wink:

Admit it, you do this deliberately and secretly want to be caught
    Fixed, commute: Langster 08, FCN6
    Road : Aravis (byercycles) Shimano 105 triple
    Hybrid: Trek 7.2 FX, unused / unloved
  • steve-m wrote:

Yes Doctor Frueid - I confess :twisted: I'm an attention seeker and want Simon Cowell to launch the xxx factor :D
    Pain is only weakness leaving the body
  • 4got my locker keys twice now ,im a delivery driver 4 nhs had 2 drive thru canterbury in lycra home hoping not to get seen or worse stopped by plod ( note to self get spare key cut & leave at work)
  • Bagman
    marksteven wrote:
    4got my locker keys twice now ,im a delivery driver 4 nhs had 2 drive thru canterbury in lycra home hoping not to get seen or worse stopped by plod ( note to self get spare key cut & leave at work)

You didn't leave your helmet on as well did you?
  • steve-m wrote:

coffee->lap
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • chuckcork
    Tempestas wrote:
    Jamey wrote:
    Tempestas wrote:

No, the Health and Safety guy stopped it due to a nasty zipper accident

and chuckcork, surely you just tuck it in your sock to avoid it swinging?

I don't like to boast....