How good is Michelin Pro 3 Race

flyer
flyer Posts: 608
edited January 2009 in Road beginners
I need some new tyres for spring, are the above good for ever day use?

I don't race and I only do around 60 - 80 miles per week.

If I am honest I like the white at this matches the frame, sad I know!!!

Thanks

Flyer

Comments

• Chirg
    Chirg Posts: 141
    In summer they should be great, but I don't like to use them in Autumn/Winter. They feel fast and need to be kept at decent pressures to avoid snakebites. My Pro2s lasted 2,000 to 2,500 miles and I expect my Pro3s to last about the same, but have only done 500 miles on them so far.

For everyday (commuting) I will be using up my last Pro2s and then giving Vredestein Fortezza Tricomps a go as they are cheaper. The Tricomps are also available in white.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I was going to get Pro Race 3s, but decided to go for Hutchinson Fusion 3s (I think that's the number) with a kevlar band to help protect against punctures....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Hi. I've been using these for everyday use all through the Autum and Winter.
    No punctures so far......
    Fantastic Tyre IMO

Oh no, now i've done it !!!!!!
  • Ricardo H
    Ricardo H Posts: 167
    the flood gates will open soon
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    I've noticed the price has gone up significantly this year. Wiggle have them at £35 :shock: Luckily I bought 2 pairs last year for £22 each :D

IMO they are the best tyre out there for any normal use.

EDIT: Parkers are doing them for around £25

a serious case of small cogs
  • 2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I'd probably go for some of these over the Pro3s.....

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Vitto ... 360040118/

And it's exactly what I did......I've been happy with Pro2s but I felt like a change.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • huggy
    huggy Posts: 242
    Theyre not good against flint and gash up very easily, but theyre very fast and quite light.
  • I'd probably go for some of these over the Pro3s.....

You are just Cancellara obsessed :wink:
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    'team replica' tyres - interesting concept...perhaps from the marketing men though, no ?
    - i.e. they supply limited-production hand-built race tyres to CSC which look like their normal production tyres.
    But rather than being content with just having adverts showing CSC riding on their tyres and us all going off and buying Vittoria, they sell their normal production tyres as 'team replica' ? :)

But since Wiggle are selling 'plain' Open Corsa CX Evo at £25.44ea or these 'team replica' versions at £47.95pr, you'd be silly to buy the plain ones (assuming you want red/black of course !)

I like Vittoria tyres, use/used Rubino & Zaffiro on my Winter bikes and have Open Corsa on my TT bike and think they're great.

But I like Pro 2's and 3's, had/have these on my sportive bike, they're great too.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I'd probably go for some of these over the Pro3s.....

You are just Cancellara obsessed :wink:

I need the Green Open Pave really for my P-R obsession....the CSC tyres just happen to match my colour scheme, got them for £38 in the end I think, less than what I could get the PR3s for.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr