Trouble contacting Chain Reaction Cycles

chronyx
chronyx Posts: 455
edited January 2009 in Commuting chat
Is anybody else having problems?

I have e-mailed 3 seperate addresses (leaving a day in between) with no reply from 'warranty@ChainReactionCycles.com', 'returns@ChainReactionCycles.com' or 'customerservice@chainreactioncycles.com'.

The phone number always has a busy tone.

I only want to swap my bottom bracket that failed last week. Gutted my cycle commuting is yet again on hold!
2007 Giant SCR2 - 'BFG'

Gone but not forgotten!:
2005 Specialized Hardrock Sport - 'Red Rocket'

Comments

• Jamey
    Jamey Posts: 2,152
    Whenever I have trouble getting hold of people I send an email which includes all of the following addresses in addition to the returns one you've already tried...

info@...
    sales@...
    webmaster@...
    mail@...
    email@...
    help@...
    legal@...

Usually one of those gets through, even if a disgruntled webmaster has to forward it on.
  • girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    I emailed customerservices@ a week ago and they got back the next day. I guess they're busy.

Although ... heavy heavy rain yesterday and they're right beside a river, so they could have flooded again :shock:
    Today is a good day to ride
  • djb1971
    djb1971 Posts: 565
    You're not the only one struggling. I've emailed numerous times and phoned with no joy. They have taken 2 lots of money for one item and I'm having a job getting it back . :x
  • chronyx
    chronyx Posts: 455
    It's getting silly now, I might just have to go to LBS and get a refund from CRC, it's nearly been a week and I've got nowhere! (Bike and replacement BB) :lol:
    2007 Giant SCR2 - 'BFG'

Gone but not forgotten!:
    2005 Specialized Hardrock Sport - 'Red Rocket'
  • fonty1978
    fonty1978 Posts: 101
    I have had occasion to get stuff returned to CRC, but every time i contacted them they've always been helpful and have replied swiftly.

Maybe they have been flooded or something as Girv73 suggests..
    Commuter Surosa Toledo S34 Audax
    Best Bike Merida Road Race 901-18

In truth i love them both
  • djb1971
    fonty1978 wrote:
    Maybe they have been flooded

You don't need to be under water to get to emails :wink:
  • girv73
    Depends if your email server is a laptop in the corner of the warehouse or not :lol:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,929
    girv73 wrote:
    I emailed customerservices@ a week ago and they got back the next day. I guess they're busy.

Although ... heavy heavy rain yesterday and they're right beside a river, so they could have flooded again :shock:

At last, a forum topic to which I can make a contribution. :lol:

I was in Chain Reactions showroom on Wednesday morning and it was not flooded. 8) Don't know about the warehouse though :? . Maybe not as big a contribution as I hoped :oops:

They did however have one of these in the window!

pink-fink1.jpg

Hideous doesn't even begin to describe it! :cry:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • djb1971
    girv73 wrote:
    Depends if your email server is a laptop in the corner of the warehouse or not :lol:

:lol: maybe

I've never had any trouble with them before but this has really got on my t!ts
  • I ordered something yesterday before 3pm and in stock thinking it would be here today (and more importantly before weekend) and paid extra for next delivery but today my order is still showing as "Processing".

Kind of defeats the object of a next day delivery :(
  • wes100
    wes100 Posts: 3
    edited January 2009
    I thought it was just me. I had an email conversation with customerservice@chainreactioncycles... on Wed to change an order placed on Tuesday. That order is still showing as 'processing', along with an order placed on Monday. However I have received the other order from Monday. Conclusion - I spend too much money at CRC.
    Update - Tuesday's order is now showing as 'complete' - Things are happening.
  • djb1971 wrote:
    You're not the only one struggling. I've emailed numerous times and phoned with no joy. They have taken 2 lots of money for one item and I'm having a job getting it back . :x

If you paid by Credit Card, just contact them and open a dispute. The CC company will then refund your money.
  • Mine is showing 'complete' now but still damn annoying as its buggered my weekend up with no goods until next week.
  • girv73 wrote:
    pink-fink1.jpg
    I'd ride that :lol: !!

I am getting p**sed off with CRC too. They have been so good before but now have had numerous attepts to get stuff that I have had to cancel.

Check out Merlin cycles, not as much stock but managed to get a new set of comuting lights pretty quick.
    mrmanben :)

P.S Dont worry i dont work for Merlin cycles
    Any man who lives within his means lacks imagination
    Oscar Wilde
  • girv73
    CRC stock levels seem bad too - I've been looking for various bits and pieces with no luck.

+1 for Merlin Cycles. Best thing: free delivery includes Northern Ireland :lol:
  • nielsamd
    nielsamd Posts: 174
    mattc2002 wrote:
    I ordered something yesterday before 3pm and in stock thinking it would be here today (and more importantly before weekend) and paid extra for next delivery but today my order is still showing as "Processing".

Kind of defeats the object of a next day delivery :(

Wish I'd read this thread before I did the same thing last Thursday.
    Its now Tuesday and it still `processing'. Even tho all was in stock at the time and `estimated dispatch date was the 23rd.
  • Girv - check out the 'Old Commuter' link pic in my sig... I got that from CRC!

And to be fair I've never had a problem contacting them... must be a problem somewhere.
  • djb1971
    To be fair they did sort mine out after a couple of weeks. Lucky really because Paypal would not refund and told me to contact the seller :roll: . When you're out of pocket paypal don't give a ****.

Chain Reaction did reply to all of emails eventually :lol:

Their customer services should be a little bit faster to respond just to keep people happy, if they'd contacted me sooner I wouldn't have been chasing.