Who wants to lose a stone by March - Week 4! (19-25th Jan)

bluecow
bluecow Posts: 306
I will update the list of posters tomorrow, but im off to bed shortly cause im KNACKERED.
I entered the 102 mile Cheshire Cat yesterday, so instead of the 66 mile in 4 hours i hope to get round the 102 in... Yeah, just getting round it would be nice!
Slight adjustment, im moving the end of challenge date to 29th March. So you all get an extra few weeks to achieve your aims (if, like me, you've been overenthusiastic in the cake department :oops: )
Post away...

Comments

• tonyw43
    tonyw43 Posts: 249
    Starting weight 15st4lbs

Hoping to drop two stone, but don't hold your breath.
    Have started keeping a food diary (told you I was serious), and am also monitoring body fat percentage. (not that I am going overboard or anything).

Training six days a week, three days weight training and three days on the bike. Eventual goal is to ride the Northern Rock Cyclone (66 mile route) without falling off or having a coronary. :shock:
  • FAT_ROB
    FAT_ROB Posts: 116
    Right then here goes

Starting weight 14st 9

can't remember what i did the last two weeks off the top of my head but as of this morning, weight for it (geddit) drum roll

14st 2

Get in your bad self!!!!!

The secret.... Work shifts out on response, means you never get to eat even when you are hungry!
    Never knowingly past a pie shop!

Spec Pitch

Spec Tarmac

Thorn Raven Tourer (with Roholf Hub gears)
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    I only got one 20 mile hilly ride and a 45 minute turbo session in last week.

I also had a 53rd birthday curry and 4 beers over my weekly limit so all-in-all, not a great week progress-wise.

Still, I lost 0.6 pounds. Total loss so far is 3.3 pounds. Another 0.5 inches off my waist.

Here's my blog weight loss progress report, and here's the new weight loss OJ-ometer. :wink:
  • Hagrid
    Hagrid Posts: 22
    Weighed in this morning at 16st5, a pound less than last week but still a pound more than where I was two weeks ago. However, as I am thinner round the middle than I was two weeks ago, I think I'm still on track. At some point the weight will follow!

As for exercise, 2hrs gym work on Tuesday, 1hr20mins on the Turbo Wednesday and again Thursday, 45 min recovery ride on the Turbo Saturday and a fitness test (basically two three mile TTs on the turbo) today that took about an hour to get done. Still arctic cold here. I've only ridden outside once since 22nd November. :(
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Sounds perfect that BlueCow, as the Cheshire Cat is my first big thing of the season.

I weighed myself last week at 89kg, starting was 95.
    I weighed myself yesterday on different scales and I was 94kg!!

In the words of Marvin Gaye - What's going on?!?
  • weight on 19th 86.5............weight on 25th 86.5, have to admit thats not as bad as id feared have had a really bad week with diet

only commuted mon and tues this week 32 miles total

sat 54 miles fairly steady rolling route

getting focussed again this week and have banned cheese from the house!!!
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    start 93
    this morning 89.4

again 0.5kg lost when I had hoped for more. just under 8 hours cycling last week.

that picture of me in cycling plus is depressingly awful! My husband says it looks like it's been squashed and I really don't think I look like that bad when I see myself in the mirror but it's there in print - my bum and thighs look gigantic!

I really want to lose 1 whole kg this week. I'm off out now

oh, and my stats - 43-33.5-42.5
  • Start 15st 3......now 15st 5.....not too upset....I can see muscles on muscles in my legs...

I can't weigh the change but I can see it!
    17 Stone down to 12.5 now raring to get back on the bike!
  • steve-m
    steve-m Posts: 106
    Started @ 81.5, weighed in yesterday @ 79.1 - this was after a run so I was probably a bit dehydrated.

Last week

Monday 8 mile commute, 5.5 mile run
    Tuesday: 8 mile commute
    Wed : 16 mile commute, 5.5 mile run
    Thur: 8 mile commute, weights at gym
    Fri : 5.5 mile run
    Sat : Nada
    Sun: 9 mile run - hillly and wet

STG : Carry on the running, happy at doing 25 miles last week, not enough cycling though
    MTG: To start running home or to work, this would be a minimum of 10miles,quite hilly, but can go up to 15. This would mean Sunday would be free for long cycle

Have entered the Suffolk Sunrise, am doing the Yorkshire 3 peaks, will do the Dunwich Dynamo, am in for the metric century a month. No doubt shall enter more 100 milers

Glad you've moved the deadline, I have the Liverpool 1/2 marathon 29th March which is my target date - sub 90 minutes is my ambitious aim
    Fixed, commute: Langster 08, FCN6
    Road : Aravis (byercycles) Shimano 105 triple
    Hybrid: Trek 7.2 FX, unused / unloved
  • Ken Night
    Ken Night Posts: 2,005
    bluecow wrote:
    I will update the list of posters tomorrow, Post away...

Please can I play?

I've been struggling on my own since New Year, and failing in the very same cake department

Target loss 6kg or 13.2lbs.....nearly a stone, and 29th March is a good date to aim for

Start 81kg, current 80kg
    “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best..." Ernest Hemingway
  • T.C.
    T.C. Posts: 495
    mon -rest day
    tue & wed work
    thu- 1 hour 15.4 miles
    fri- work
    sat - 1hour 16.8miles
    sun - 1 h 30mins 24 miles 16.4 poor week hourly wise due to how the shift falls same weight 13.6 , two more week until portugal beer, also wanted a longer spin sun but my daughter gave birth to a baby boy , taid at 45 ! ! :o
  • Anonymous
    Congratulations!
  • bluecow
    Will post last weeks stuff now but will have to wait til this evening to do the list of posters etc...
    I tried last night but the site was being sh*t (again) and i eventually gave up. Im wondering if its not worth just shifting to another site altogether as this is becoming practically unusable in the evenings and nothing seems to be being done about it. :evil:

STG: Lost a stone and Finish the 102 mile Cheshire Cat in <insert respectable time here>
    LTG: Keep the weight off, do some cyclocross.

Monday: Nothing, was going to go out but then it started snowing HUGE flakes.
    Tuesday: Ice and snow prevented commute- nothing.
    Wednesday: Still icey...
    Thursday: Yay, ok weather! 28 miles
    Friday: 28 miles
    Saturday: Rest
    Sunday: 46 miles

So a total of only 102 miles. A bit pants but the sunday rides, apart from being great fun are good for getting some miles in when ive had a bad commuting week.
    I will have to post my waist etc later too. Trying to keep drinking water....
    Bye for now, thank you all for keeping this up. Its so difficult isnt it!
    Hx
  • Ok, start weight 89.0 Kg
    Last week = 87.9 Kg
    Tonight = 87.0 Kg
    Total loss so far = 2.0 Kg and 1" off my waist.

So a good week.

Thursday 1 x 23 m
    Friday 2 x 13 m
    Saturday 53 m
    Monday and Tues both 2 x 13 m commute
    Today 1 x 10 m in (heavy rain) 16 m home
    TOTAL = 180 m

Wonder how long I can keep this up???

DM
  • Not weighed myself recently, but have had best method of loosing weight - g/f split up with me on Friday pm.... :cry:

So daily commute of 10-15 miles and the Sunday ride of 45 miles or so been only exercise...

but with no appetite I'm certain that my calorie intake has at least halved....

will try to get on scales at some point over next few days....
  • bluecow
    Not weighed myself recently, but have had best method of loosing weight - g/f split up with me on Friday pm.... :cry:

So daily commute of 10-15 miles and the Sunday ride of 45 miles or so been only exercise...

D'oh, sorry to hear that. Maybe she knew what a ravishingly handsome specimen you were turning into with all this exercise and she knew she was unworthy :lol:
    I'll be along on the short sunday ride if you're about.
  • Anonymous
    I crashed on a mix of diesel and ice on my commute last saturday 24th at 530am. My elbows are killing me and are a delightfuls shade of rainbow...
  • Jonathan Mcp
    Jonathan Mcp Posts: 2,472
    OK, missed my usual spin class on 19/1 due to sone being ill, missed my usual spin class on 21/1 due to son starting communion programme at school (evening attendance), got to spin on 23/1 for an hour, did 3 1/2 hours road ride, around 80km on 26/1

Weight wise I got weighed in on 22/1 and was 97kg, so had lost in the region of 1.4kg.

Pland from the 26th, spin Monday, maybe spin Friday, longer road ride probably saturday.

Just struggling to get enough hours in on the bike at the moment, redecorating a bedroom currently on my week off.
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    Not weighed myself recently, but have had best method of loosing weight - g/f split up with me on Friday pm.... :cry:

I'm sorry to hear that too. :cry:

When it happened to me 8 years ago, I lost my appetite for about 3 months and did the most horribly intense turbo trainer sessions imaginable throughout that winter (up to 2.5 hours at a time, at a level which was as hard as I could physically take). I'd have 2 or 3 pints of sweat to mop up off my tiled floor after each session, and would hardly be capable of walking.

It wasn't the most sensible way of getting fit, but I lost over 3 stone in 5 months and by the summer I was the fittest I'd ever been.

Chin up, the pain does eventually lessen...
  • back from skiing, last week 1 turbo session then 75 mile club run on Sunday, weight increase from 147 to 149 lb. I'm off skiing/ice climbing for a week on Saturday, hopefully the training wil begin in earnest when I get back - plan to enter some later sportives; not Cheshire Cat which is FAR to soon
    I want to climb hills so badly;
    and I climb hills so badly
  • thanks for those guys.....

The weather forecast for this sunday is grim....max temp of 1 degree! :shock:

I'm at a works do on saturday evening (belated xmas party) and so I can say now I will be in bed on sunday morning... :)
  • forcast round here is pretty grim for the first half of next week - could be a struggle!!!
  • bluecow
    Looking like i may be swerving the sunday ride too given the ice forecast. Going out today and prob tomorrow though. I predict next week will be RUBBISH in terms of mileage. :(
  • Gwaredd
    Gwaredd Posts: 251
    Lost 6 lbs in my first week, but I suspect that will change as it's my daughters party today & my wife's on Tuesday. My bike is also off the road as I'm renewing the brakes & chainset & one part is out of stock & is likely to take 7-10 days to arrive :?
  • bluecow
    Last couple of days before tomorrows weigh in!
    I have so far managed 120 miles this week, hope to get another 30 in somewhere before the end of tomorrow...