Is BR on go Slow?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
is it just my computer or is bikeradar going slow today? it takes forever for pages to load and often wont load at all?

sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it has for me as well. i have poked a person who i hope has kicked the hamster feeder and the wheel, i hope, is spinning again.

We will see.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    +1
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • Anonymous
    cool, as long as its not just me.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Me too! Last week I was getting a 504, and something else. Both were bad gateway / can't find server type messages. Running intermittently slow today.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • +1

Computer slows to a halt when BR is up, frees up again when I close the browser with BR on it
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    It's been very ponderous and patchy since before christmas, and is as bad now. Something is broken, or not up to the job.
  • We are aware of the problem and we believe that we have identified the cause. The developers are working on a fix and as soon as it has been completed and tested the site will be updated.

My apologies for the inconvenience that this issue is causing.
  • Same here. Very frustrating. Takes forever, or not at all with a '504 error'
    Planet-X SL Pro Carbon.
    Tifosi CK3 Winter Bike
    Planet X London Road Disc
    Planet X RT80 Elite
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Seems to be particularly bad today. Forum down or half hour at a time, Invalid Session messages, double posts and log outs.
  • nicklouse
    indeed, lots of multi posts to clean up.

seems to be back up too speed now.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • nicklouse
    I spoke too soon!
  • bluecow
    bluecow Posts: 306
    This is becoming a real pain now...
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    I've got a great idea!

Why not have seperate forums for Cycling Plus, MBUK etc, then the servers might be able to take the load!

Oh, hold on..
  • Finally the site is back to normal :)
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    We are aware of the problem and we believe that we have identified the cause. The developers are working on a fix and as soon as it has been completed and tested the site will be updated.

This evening is the worst it has been so far for me. Hours of being unable to load at all or very slow loading. As has been said, it's been bad for a while but it's getting worse.

a serious case of small cogs
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    Finally the site is back to normal :)
    Oh no it's not.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Down for a good 4 hours today.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Has someone poked the hamsters, seems to have been a bit better the last couple of days.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Yup, now you mention it.
  • nicklouse
    i think they have been fed.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    stumpyjon wrote:
    Has someone poked the hamsters, seems to have been a bit better the last couple of days.
    The hamsters have been replaced by gerbils, and so the eternal debate is over. Sorry hamster fans, gerbils are just better.
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    They have no stamina though - it's hanging again. Not crashing, but shouldn't take two minutes to load a page?

Pets at Home may have some gineau pigs on sale? :wink:
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • nicklouse
    i think the first batch of gerbils had just died.

Hopefully the long-term rabbits will be in soon.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Spoke too soon, died completely last night, time for a full rodent upgrade one thinks.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Anonymous
    News just in: A large shipment of albino rats have just arrived.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    It might not be the rodents. Could it be the Wheels that are killing the rodents? What hubs are the wheels running on? Are they Campy or Shimano? Free hub or fixed?

I'd suggest a Rholoff and meerkats. If you have to go beyond that it'll have to be Sir Chris Hoy.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    all this talk of little furry animals is very cute, but the reality is that the servers here are doing a crap job of 'serving'.

Assuming that the site is not actually powered by rodents, what exactly is the problem and what is being done to fix it..?
  • nicklouse
    softlad
    toontra wrote:
    We are aware of the problem and we believe that we have identified the cause. The developers are working on a fix and as soon as it has been completed and tested the site will be updated.

This evening is the worst it has been so far for me. Hours of being unable to load at all or very slow loading. As has been said, it's been bad for a while but it's getting worse.

top of the page.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    I saw that - hence the question. Evidently there is a problem - but I was asking what the problem was. Have they really been working on a fix since January 12th..?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Your killing my already fragile social life.

Stop messing with rodents and buy a nice cluster of Linux servers with huge and very expensive load balancers in front so that we who pay nothing for using this service can continue to post our utter tosh & dribble.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.