Turbo Training

RICH78
RICH78 Posts: 49
edited January 2009 in Road beginners
Can I get away with 2/3 days of wearing the same cycling shorts for a 40 minute turbo training session if I was to wear underwear underneath?

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    No.
  • jellikins
    jellikins Posts: 153
    Only if you are a member of the cast on Channel 4's Shameless programme!
  • if I was to wear underwear underneath?

Ignoring the 'can I wear the same shorts for several sessions' bit, why would you want to wear underwear underneath?!
  • RICH78
    RICH78 Posts: 49
    Can I get away with wearing the shorts for a few short (40/45 mins) sessions.

I would be going commando underneath the shorts
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Bearing in mind how much you're likely to sweat in a 40 minute turbo session, I'd say no. Wash after every wear.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Filthy oik! Get a pair another pair of el cheapo dhb ones. Remember there's no wind/breeze to cool your "area" when you're on a Turbo...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I tell you what, you crack on without washing them/changing them after each session and in a couple of weeks give us an update on which topical cream is best for saddle sores...

:)
  • nmcgann
    nmcgann Posts: 1,780
    RICH78 wrote:
    Can I get away with wearing the shorts for a few short (40/45 mins) sessions.

I would be going commando underneath the shorts

No! Clean shorts every session. The £25 dhb ones from wiggle are just fine for turbo use.

Neil
    --
    "Because the cycling is pain. The cycling is soul crushing pain."