Is a pee-pot helmet wrong for XC?

Harland71
Harland71 Posts: 59
edited January 2009 in XC and Enduro
I'm fancying a pi$$-pot style helmet as an alternative. All riding done on black and red routes at Hamsterley, Dalby and glentress - any arguments for or against or would i just look llike a prat?
Ta
H.
Stressed is just desserts spelt backwards… mmmm… Desserts.
Homer J Simpson

Comments

• Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    You would probably find It a bit hot wearing one of them for xc.
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • gazvenn
    gazvenn Posts: 121
    it protects your noggin.. job done.
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    As long as you don't find your head too hot, you're all good. Have to I prefer an xc lid for longer rides. GT black would be brutal with a pisspot, but then again i've seen folk doing it in full facers..
  • lock1981
    lock1981 Posts: 546
    i have one and find it ok although i am looking for a new helmet :lol:

only cos if it starts raining it drips off the front into your eyes.
  • darren636
    darren636 Posts: 102
    wear whatever you like.
    m-trax ti 1000- back when i was rubbish.
    evo 8 - i am continuing to be rubbish.
  • MeddlE
    MeddlE Posts: 322
    Take a look at the Fox Transition, XC construction, p-pot style.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/fox ... gn=froogle

fox-clothing-transition-helmet.jpg
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    I do like the look of that.
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Doesn't look anything like as vented as a typical XC helmet though... Barely more vented than my Bell Faction, which though I love it for its perfect fit, is like sticking my head in an oven.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Mr Wu
    Mr Wu Posts: 1,238
    I personally think you should wear whatever you feel comfortable in, it pisses me off that there are some spastics that find it highly amusing to see a XC rider wearing a full face helmet. (Check YouTube videos of shirewood pines and youll see what i mean)

I wear one because ive come off my bike quite a few times and landed on my face/chin and it bloody hurts!

Who's more the nob? Me for not looking fully conventional or the idiot laughing at you that comes off and loses teeth. I know which one id prefer.
  • myopic
    myopic Posts: 692
    My son is into BMX as well as free-ride and trails and won't wear anything excpet one of these helmets. He bought one of these at weekend:

http://www.pro-tec.net/bike/main.html

He does get hot, but since when did practicalities matter to teenagers :lol:
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Mr Wu wrote:
    I personally think you should wear whatever you feel comfortable in, it pisses me off that there are some spastics that find it highly amusing to see a XC rider wearing a full face helmet. (Check YouTube videos of shirewood pines and youll see what i mean)

I wear one because ive come off my bike quite a few times and landed on my face/chin and it bloody hurts!

Who's more the nob? Me for not looking fully conventional or the idiot laughing at you that comes off and loses teeth. I know which one id prefer.

It`s definately you.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • Mr Wu
    Mr Wu Posts: 1,238
    antfly wrote:
    Mr Wu wrote:

It`s definately you.

Yawn :roll:
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Those helmets are just for downhill,if you pedal in them they would boil your head as soon as the weather gets a bit warmer.
    Oh and they look stupid too.
    Smarter than the average bear.