How's LA doing on the TDU?

Gotte
Gotte Posts: 494
edited January 2009 in Pro race
Just wondering. Not really heard anything about it, and seen nothing on the TV.

Comments

• colint
    colint Posts: 1,707
    Go to the main road page on the site, couple of reports there. Nothing special really, just finishing in the bunch
    Planet X N2A
    Trek Cobia 29er
  • Gotte
    Gotte Posts: 494
    Thanks for that, much appreciated.
  • I thought this morning, for someone who's not really trying that hard, he's in the main bunch, only 39 seconds down, ahead of some big nales

And with Willunga tommora...
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    The racing has been far harder than most expected I think - the Aussie pros are all on top form and with quite a bit of crosswind each day and a harder course than last year it's provided some interesting racing so far. Stage 3 in particular was a big of a belter with the strong 15 man break up the field, the peleton split asunder and crashes galore.
  • Lance is racing in the TDU?
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Stage 3 in particular was a big of a belter with the strong 15 man break up the field, the peloton split asunder and crashes galore.
    .................and Lance was in that break..........Phil Liggett nearly fell off his perch!
  • the ferry
    the ferry Posts: 258
    Go to the main road page on the site, couple of reports there. Nothing special really, just finishing in the bunch

I take it this was sarcasm Colin?
    To do what he's done proves to me he was and is a true champion
  • colint
    colint Posts: 1,707
    No sarcasm, just a fair assesment. He's doing OK, nothing special.

I'm a Lance fan but I think we've got to keep his performance in perspective. First race back, he's doing what he would have wanted, tested his legs on a couple of breaks, finish in the bunch, "doing OK, nothing special", like I said
    Planet X N2A
    Trek Cobia 29er
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    colint wrote:
    First race back, he's doing what he would have wanted, tested his legs on a couple of breaks, finish in the bunch, "doing OK, nothing special", like I said
    More to the point, if he was absolutely flying this early in the season, I'd question whether he'd got his training plan right. You can't race full gas from January and expect to be competitive in May or July, which I guess are still his primary goals.
  • Ruari
    Ruari Posts: 217
    I think he's doing what he's supposed to. Testing the water, indeed not setting the track alight, but showing he has what it takes to be competitive. I agree with not peaking too early, and he would stand nothing by winning or being in the top ten even. I think he's got a strategy to get all the peleton experience in he'll need for the bigger races, in a sort of controlled way. Watch him later in the year, I think we'll be pleasantly surprised by his dedication to the sport, even if he doesn't win TdF!
    FCN 1