Good old drinkin oles.

swagman
swagman Posts: 115
edited January 2009 in The Crudcatcher
May i recommend 'The Hanging Gate' pub near Macclesfield Forest as a good ole watering ole. Id like to see this pub survive the new millenia and not be turned into a house! So if you in the area pop in and give it a try.
Another good ale pub i could recommend is the 'Bulls Head 'in Burlsem.

Comments

• Mark_K
    Mark_K Posts: 666
    Partidge Arms In Aston Clinton Just down in the Village from The Hill ! Proper drinking pub :)
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    swagman wrote:
    Another good ale pub i could recommend is the 'Bulls Head 'in Burlsem.
    Ah Burslem...a great place for a pub crawl if ever there was one.
  • The Pack Horse in Widdop, The New Delight in Jack Bridge, and the Tunnel End Inn in Marsden. Lovely.
  • hole in 1 in lytham st annes.
    if you want a quiet pint its ace...went in a few saturdays ago and we were the only ones there! :shock:
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    My local.

I have a "loyalty" card giving me discount off everything, the locals happily look after our 4 month old boy if/when we eat there and it has about the best view of any pub anywhere.
    Oh and we know almost everyone there and the baby seems at his most chilled in the pub!
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    The Old Swan Inn in LLantwit Major!.

Good food and well kept ales love it
  • Sheeps Heid in the village of Duddingston in edinburgh, if you come of the innocent cycle path at Cairntow and cycle down to Church Lane is a nice old traditional pub and has been around since the 14th centruy I beleive.
  • Twisterboy wrote:
    Sheeps Heid in the village of Duddingston in edinburgh, if you come of the innocent cycle path at Cairntow and cycle down to Church Lane is a nice old traditional pub and has been around since the 14th centruy I beleive.

im banned from their olde school bowling lanes and the pub id imagine, apparently pint glasses arent allowed to be used in the game of skittles. not that they work too great anyway.

other good pubs in edinburgh are:

the golden rule up by polwarth is a fine place for a pint or however many you fancy, good craic but with no idiots despite it proximity to a load of idiot pubs (you know the type)

and you cant beat priscillas on leith walk for some 5am drinking action, its a bit seedy and sleazy but what do you expect at 5am
    i spent all me money on whisky and beer!!!