Is that Levi in the BA advert?

vermooten
vermooten Posts: 2,697
edited February 2009 in Pro race
Just seen a British Airways ad in between the Simpsons advertising flights to California, featuring what looked like Levi Leipheimer doing a bit to camera. Can't find a clip online to link to though.

AmI going mad or did it really happpen?
You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers

Comments

• tonyw43
    tonyw43 Posts: 249
    Yep, It's Levi, tour of California I think.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Isn't he also in the California advert advertising it as a holiday destination? Think it's just a general one not a BA one, with loads of stars, Schwarzenegger etc
  • what percentage of the UK population would recognise Levi Leipheimer?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Isn't he also in the California advert advertising it as a holiday destination? Think it's just a general one not a BA one, with loads of stars, Schwarzenegger etc

It's the same advert, they've just tagged on a BA plug at the end. It's been on for ages... he's still wearing his Discovery US Champion's jersey.

Presumably the other people in the ad are famous Californians too. I only recognise Arnie though.
    6288 Posts: 131
    I'd really love to know what caused Leipheimer to leave USP back in the day ... ok Armstrong and Heras had their names all over the tour and vuelta but LL could surely have filled the Giro spot before Salvoldelli signed on ... I can only assume Heras was pissed at his showing at the vuelta (as was Contador this year)

Shame LA decided to ride the Giro ... cos LL ain't getting anywhere near the vuelta ... unless AC takes the huff after the tour ...
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    afx237vi wrote:

It's the same advert, they've just tagged on a BA plug at the end. It's been on for ages... he's still wearing his Discovery US Champion's jersey.

Presumably the other people in the ad are famous Californians too. I only recognise Arnie though.

Sandra Bullock,Phil Mickelson and Matt Damon are also in it.

MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    6288 wrote:
    I'd really love to know what caused Leipheimer to leave USP back in the day ... ok Armstrong and Heras had their names all over the tour and vuelta but LL could surely have filled the Giro spot before Salvoldelli signed on ... I can only assume Heras was pissed at his showing at the vuelta (as was Contador this year)

Shame LA decided to ride the Giro ... cos LL ain't getting anywhere near the vuelta ... unless AC takes the huff after the tour ...

Money i suspect ,in keeping with most Pro Cyclists Levi will go where the best offer is, and who can blame them.

MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Sandra Bullock,Phil Mickelson and Matt Damon are also in it.

MG

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing Mickelson. Those man-boobs are hard to miss.
  • Isn't the bird with the blue eyes with 'one question' Mrs Arnie?
    AT MY AGE, I SHOULD KNOW BETTER !!!