XC in Whislter - any previous experience of tour guides

danielboddy
danielboddy Posts: 60
edited January 2009 in XC and Enduro
Hi all , i have just booked my summer holiday and have negociated a 7 night stop in Whislter :D:D Does anyone have experience of any good tour guides/companies i have found one company so far
http://www.whistlerbikeguide.com/advent ... ddaytours/

But if anyone has experience of other companies that would be very useful to me. I'm not taking my bike with me so i will be hiring a full sus XC bike out there.

cheers
Dan

Comments

• BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    I can't offer any advice but I am very jealous!
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • yeah couldn't believe my subtle hints to the wife worked when she said she wanted to go to Canada this summer. She has been looking at photos and info about it and is really excited to see everything they have there!
  • danielboddy

I dont think you would need a 'tour' guide personally... Maps are free. Every route is signed, from XC to DH. You can do DH from Whistler or Blackcombe and XC all over the bl**dy place!

Id say thats a good all round bike to hire for a week. You can do the XC trails - all 327465234k of them and do pretty much all of the DH - depending on your pace and lack of brain cells...

Enjoy - I go once a year to visit my sis :D
    “Look where you want to go. Not where you are going”
  • garetjax
    garetjax Posts: 175
    hi,

just curious about Whistler. This is probably a dumb question but whats the biking there like? I've never really read up on it much.
    I do most of my M.biking in Wales and the Peaks. I also once visited Moab in Utah ( just awesome!). I like cross-country. Im not into downhill or bmx style riding, just nice singletrack thru gorgeous scenery . The Marin Trail at Betsy, and the Beast at Coed-y-Brenin are my favourites, and the Porcupine Rim :wink:
    Reckon Id like Whistler?
  • timpop
    timpop Posts: 394
    just curious about Whistler. This is probably a dumb question but whats the biking there like? I've never really read up on it much.

No question is a dumb question. Pack your bags man cos Whistler rocks! As Brewster testified, you can ride everywhere. As for me, I used to live there for a long time and grew up just around the corner. I've been to Coed-y-Brenin loads, (mother inlaw has a place very near there- bonus) love the Beast, so there's no doubt you'll love it in Whistler.

danielboddy, it's true, you don't really need a guide but if you want to do some of the big rides it's not a bad idea. You wouldn't want to get stuck out there alone and the guides can make sure you get the best out of your trip.

Have fun out there peeps.

p.s. Go to Fanatyk Co, best bike shop I'd say. (biased)
    Many happy trails!
  • timpop et all thanks for the sound advice, i think my plan will be to join a guide (they do some good group rides etc) on the first day (just to get a feel for the place and the riding) and then on later days hire just a bike for myself!
    timpop thanks for the hint on the bike shop will definately check it out!

Dan