Is CFA sulking?

vermooten
vermooten Posts: 2,697
edited January 2009 in Pro race
We've not had any missives from cycling's best blogger since 13-Jan, knowing his feelings about LA makes me wonder if he's gone on strike?

C'mon man we need you now more than ever!
You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    He's riding a bike around Australia and hasn't had time to blog, what with meeting the Prime Minister and all.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    all that website does is cut and paste links that are already out there...maybe he now has a job?
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    afx237vi wrote:
    He's riding a bike around Australia and hasn't had time to blog, what with meeting the Prime Minister and all.
    heh heh 5700293539.gif
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    Not that it matters, but CFA is a she, her name is Lili.
  • It does matter...

what's she like?
  • vermooten wrote:
    We've not had any missives from cycling's best blogger since 13-Jan, knowing his feelings about LA makes me wonder if he's gone on strike?

C'mon man we need you now more than ever!
    The latest update is just up. It includes a link to a story about Armstrong/Astana being booed at the TDU team presentation (I don't think that the puppets of Armstrong's PR machine from bikeradar to cyclingnews mentioned that :wink: ). There is also a link to a statement from one of the UCI's own doping experts where he says that he believes those positives for Epo from 1999 were scientifically valid and that to deny that Armstrong doped is simply to tell a lie.
  • Dave_1 wrote:
    all that website does is cut and paste links that are already out there...maybe he now has a job?
    :roll:

For one many of the stories on that site the writer links to, especially the non- English language sources, would never come to the attention of anyone who didn't read the original source, so the writer provides a great service to the cycling community for doing this. Secondly the writer does provide many well-written and insightful comments of their own.

Perhaps you would prefer that the only sources of information available were carefully managed mainstream ones such as cyclingnews.com? Personally I think such alternative voices play an increasingly valuable role in a world were the media is often little more than a channel for PR spin and lies and where the primary motivation is often making money (which requires 'playing ball' with the corporate-backed PR machines of riders like Armstrong) rather than telling the whole truth.

You comment about the writer of CFN's employment status is pretty pathetic. Perhaps you should have looked at how many times you have posted on here before making such a petulant comment. :wink:
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    aurelio wrote:
    The latest update is just up. It includes a link to a story about Armstrong/Astana being booed at the TDU team presentation (I don't think that the puppets of Armstrong's PR machine from bikeradar to cyclingnews mentioned that :wink: ).

Puppets of Armstrong's PR machine - whatever do you mean ?

From the TDU's own official website http://www.tourdownunder.com.au/2009/node/238
    A record crowd of 138,000 people flocked to Adelaide's Rymill Park tonight to welcome back to the peloton, seven time Tour de France champion, Lance Armstrong, in the Cancer Council Classic, a prelude to the 2009 Tour Down Under.

The introduction of the 37 year old Texan was greeted by a deafening roar of support with fans of all ages clamouring for a glimpse of a true legend of sport.

Ignoring for a moment that it's about Armstrong - and in this case because it's the TDU website, it's probably the TDU that it's trying to talk-up, not Lance - the use of such ludicrous hyperbole by any journalist makes me feel ill and would do the same if it were about Boonen, Sastre, Cavendish, anybody...