Something's happened to my knee

.blitz
.blitz Posts: 6,197
edited February 2009 in Health, fitness & training
A few weeks ago, I got up out of the saddle for a short sprint up a hill and as I did so, I pulled up with my right foot (spds) and felt a bit of a twinge down the outside at the back of my knee.

Since then I've had this strange sensation in my knee - whenever I stand up to pedal I can't pull up properly with my 'dodgy' leg. There's no pain as such, just a reluctance to pull up smoothly when my foot is at the bottom of its stroke. If I stay seated everthing is OK and curiously it seems worse if I stand up after a bit of freewheeling (e.g. DH followed by a climb).

Obv I've pulled something - but what - and how long will it be before it heals ?

Comments

• Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Think you have twanged (proper doctors term...!) your hamstring.

Best to see a physio if you can - I never mess with any knee pain as I've ignored it in the past and ended up with major problems that have taken ages to sort.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    OK thanks. I'll get it checked out.
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    I had "twanged" a tendon in my shoulder and arm when lifting weights, just leave it for a few weeks - upto a month and it should go away.
  • djvagabon
    djvagabon Posts: 262
    Sounds like your hamstring. It depends on the person for the healing process. When i did mine it took 6 weeks but it can take much longer.
  • Soggz
    Soggz Posts: 221
    I blame spd's for any thing to do with the knee.

Use foot cages, more movement.