high5 powder

jimycooper
jimycooper Posts: 740
i've got a sachet of high5 powder and it doesn't say if to add the whole thing i presseume you do, and how much water to add?

anyone use high5? any help much apreciated as will be riding in the morning.

cheers

Comments

• DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Usually ~65 g servings in a bottle of 500 - 750 m. I think.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • cheers, is it better stronger or weaker?
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I normally go for 1.5 sachets in a 750ml bottle, which seems to work for me. It doesn't seem to sickly at this concentration and certainly seems to work ok over longer distances at that concentration.
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    I don't use that product however check the info carefully as increasing the concentration can actually cause dehydration as the solution cannot be absorbed as rapidly as it can at its optimal concentration and in order to get it to an optimal concentration it will take water from your system to dillute however some energy drinks have special formulations which allow them to be used at higher concentrations.
  • I use H5 super carbs and the 4:1 Carbs to protien drinks for longer endurance rides. All H5's have differnt concentrations and it mentions the correct amount on the box / tub.

My 4:1 H5 uses 2 scoops to 500ml. As mentioned above stick to the mix recomendations, I'm sure H5 have worked out the best concentration for optimal absorption and performance.

Defo recomnend all H5 products, energy bars (berry) Gels (citrus burst) and 4:1 (citrus)
    Used them in loads of sportives, MTB enduro's and Mountain Marathons and they have always served me well.
  • the sachet its in only says engergy source citrus. i'de of thought instructions would be on there but obviously not :evil:
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    jimycooper wrote:
    the sachet its in only says engergy source citrus. i'de of thought instructions would be on there but obviously not :evil:

Yeah that's a bit poor. Anyway there's a lot of stuff that they sell and I don't know which particular product you have so I'll put the link put and you might be able to get the info you need there.

http://www.highfive.co.uk/
  • gave up trying to find it and put 600ml's in,,, tasted rough but worked ok.