cigarette holder

steerpike
steerpike Posts: 424
edited January 2009 in Road beginners
does anyone know if there I can buy a cigarette holder to go on my handlebars so I don't have to cycle one handed?

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    You are joking, aren't you?
  • unclemalc
    unclemalc Posts: 563
    Spring!
    Singlespeeds in town rule.
  • Just get some clear spex. Then you can keep it in your gob without sparks flying in your eye. Be warned though the tab does burn down quick this way. I use luxury length ones for riding - bike fags, if you will.
  • rally200
    rally200 Posts: 646
    Have you considered a pipe?

Don't use a zippo on the move. I tried it once and it wasn't funny.
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    You can use a motor bike fairing on the front to keep the wind off your tab - just a few zip ties and bobs your uncle - full instructions in cycling weekly training, diet and fags supplement next month.
  • djb1971
    djb1971 Posts: 565
    steerpike wrote:
    does anyone know if there I can buy a cigarette holder to go on my handlebars so I don't have to cycle one handed?

Is it a Kona Smoke :?:

contact Kona uk they may be able to send the exact part you're looking for :wink:
  • Glue a drawing pin to your handlebars (not where you are likely to want to put your hands though) and just spike your ciggy through it. Problem solved. Hhhmm, can I rig up a dynamo to power a car ciggy lighter?
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    Why not adapt a camelback?

You could keep your tobacco (or whatever else you are on :D ) dry and sheltered by burning it inside the rucksack (you'll need to fashion a fire-proof hearth inside so you don't burn holes in the fabric) and then you could toke on the feeding hose.

You may actually be ahead of your time. After all, in the 1960's it was believed that drinking fluids whilst cycling was wrong and then they changed their minds. Who is to say that they won't come to the same conclusion about smoking?

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• steerpike
    steerpike Posts: 424
    Fast and Bulbous pneumatic? a fellow Beefheart fan I take it - good man![/quote]
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    What you need is a 'bong'....

iluma-bong.jpg
    Simply slip it into a bottle cage and attach this handy bottle-to-bong hose...
    bottle-to-bong-kit.jpg

Just be carefull that your shellsuit trouser leg doesn't get caught in your chain. Not that you'd be caring.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    nicotine patches, work great for whenever you can smoke...
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    steerpike wrote:
    Fast and Bulbous pneumatic? a fellow Beefheart fan I take it - good man!
    [/quote]

also a tin teardrop

bulbous also tapered

(which is, of course, the design blueprint for the modern track racing sprint helmet)

I like the bit at the end of Muffin Man on Bongo Fury, where Frank Zappa is introducing the band. When he gets to the great man, he says "Captain Beafheart on vocals and madness!". I would love someone to say that about me.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    I also had the "bong" idea, though I prefer one of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hookah

There's nothing quite like a good hookah.

Alternatively, could the bike frame be filled with ready rub and then a tube run from the crossbar through which you could suck? Small air inlets would keep it burning, and the faster you ride, the greater the "stoking" effect. :wink:
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs