Times Square assult cop indicted

jimmypippa
jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
edited January 2009 in Commuting chat
Mods, I searched the forums and didn't see anything about this, and thought that comuting was as reasonable as anywhere to put this, please let me know if it shold move...

Good news, I hope they throw the book at him, given that his false report led to the victim being arrested and charged. It was only by luck that he was foolish enough to do this on camera.

The cop who pushed a cyclist over during a Critical Mass demo in New York, (bikeradar link here) and then lied about it as seen on the youtube video has been indicted:

New York Post Article

Includes a link to the video.

EDIT: The video is shocking and unequivocal
A rookie cop has been indicted on charges of viciously knocking a cyclist off his bike during a Times Square demonstration last July, law enforcement sources said today.

Patrick Pogan, 22, the son of a highly respected New York City detective, was indicted last week on charges of assault and filing a false report in the July 25 attack on Christopher Long, 29, of Bloomfield, N.J., the sources said.

Comments

• fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Good !
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Technically what is impeached? Does it mean loss of job, or just like a UK summons to court?
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    downfader wrote:
    Technically what is impeached?

It's like impaired (impeared) but furrier. :roll:
    Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    AndyManc wrote:
    downfader wrote:
    Technically what is impeached?

It's like impaired (impeared) but furrier. :roll:

:lol:

Oh and I read the news page comments. Some toe-licking moron had a go at "the hippy cyclist", lol. Some one has replied that he's not a hippy, he's a war vet from the Gulf War. :shock: Seems like he was decorated too, for his efforts.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    I presume that you mean "indicted".

Legislative bodies impeach rulers or members of that body.