simplesimoncardiff Posts: 37
edited January 2009 in XC and Enduro
Anyone? Just want to know my time!
tmacsigcopy.jpg

Comments

• yensid
    yensid Posts: 19
    http://www.timelaps.co.uk/results.aspx

In case you haven't found them - link above to the timelaps site.

Hope you had a good ride - I did the 50Km, pretty cold out there!
  • Gwaredd
    Gwaredd Posts: 251
    Did it for the 1st time yesterday & really enjoyed it. No idea where the timed laps came from. Did they go off photos or something, as I never saw anyone jotting down numbers at the start or finish.
  • yensid
    yensid Posts: 19
    Start time is the generic start time per event (50, 35 or 25Km), which can be slightly adrift depending where you are at the start line scramble! Finish time was logged by 'Timelaps'. When you approached the finish you would have come though a section marked out on either side with tape at the end of which was a small white caravan with somebody sat inside jotting the info' down as you passed by.
  • Gwaredd
    Ahh, that makes sense then, as I had just over 2:50 on my clock when I crossed the line & that has me down at 3.00 dead. The 50K start was a bit confusing. We were all told to line up behind the barriers, but only about 50 or so of us did, with the rest crowding around the entrance. Naturally, as we were in the correct starting place, we got to start last :lol:

Was great though. Riding past throngs of other riders up Pear Tree Hill was great, and the downhill wooded section at the end was worth all the hard work going up the many granny ring hills!
  • JasonRwmb
    JasonRwmb Posts: 268
    Photos are online now too:

http://www.photo-it.com/spam/winterchallenge2009.htm

I agree about the 50km start being confusing. It was only when I was half up the first hill that I realised we had actually started. While we were all lined up I am sure I heard some one say there was going to be a start line on the main road?
  • Hey all

Sorry about the small trouble with the start times. Had technical trouble with a few things (due to the cold?) You may have seen my running down the hill with an extension cable at the start!!?

Gwaredd - you didnt!?? As you crossed the finish line there was a small mobile hut which timelaps was in checking you all in as you crossed the line - supported by two others...

We also thought about the main road - but cars we already being stopped and held for to long.

Links and our ride report can be found here > http://www.spambiking.co.uk/news.asp

Thanks for your feedback - always room for improvement!

Hope you all enjoyed it and get ready for the Set2Rise !! :D
    “Look where you want to go. Not where you are going”
  • Gwaredd
    :lol: Nope! Was stood round the finish line for about 5 mins waiting for my mate & never spotted it once! Must have been off my face on Mule bars :shock:
  • simplesimoncardiff - Dont know Mr N Pow do you? Next time drag him along will you....
    “Look where you want to go. Not where you are going”
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Gwaredd wrote:
    Did it for the 1st time yesterday & really enjoyed it. No idea where the timed laps came from. Did they go off photos or something, as I never saw anyone jotting down numbers at the start or finish.

Alrite buddy,
    sent ya a pm woz f***ing that day.