Quick Fork And Shock Pump Question

jedi_master
jedi_master Posts: 888
edited January 2009 in MTB buying advice
My brother is upgrading his forks and wants me to ask if the Rock Shox Tora 318 Solo Air is a worth while upgrade over the Suntour XCM forks that are on his GT Avalanche 3.0 disc, I have already said they are and I have check other threads and they seem to be recommended at that price but he wants me to ask any ways. The hayes stroker ryde brakes are IS mount.

While getting the forks he wants to get a shock pump at the same time and was looking at the giyo shock pump that merlins have, is this any good and will it be sufficient for the Solo Air forks if not what shock pump? he's after keeping the price under £140 and the forks are £125.96.

Thnkas

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    the forks will be a massive improvement, muchbetter damping and will be better behaved all over. the brakes should be fine im sure the toras have is mounts

as for shock pump, they are much of a muchness, get whatever fits the budget.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    What sheeps says, as for pumps they're all much of a muchness, I've got a Fox one and a Rockshox one, swear they are the same pump with different branding.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    I bought that pump from Merlin it's well made and as far as I can see Halfords sell it under the Bikehut brand for £20
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • Thanks, ordered the forks and pump today.
  • balchy88
    balchy88 Posts: 108
    i upgraded my suntour xcr to tora 318 air and there is a massive improvement, look great too, i got my shock pump from halfords, so far so good