Decathlon "End of Collection" - how low will they

WaRrK
WaRrK Posts: 2
edited January 2009 in Road beginners
Hi,

I'm looking at getting my first road bike and have noticed the Sport 3 (http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/sport-3-4 ... -52394117/) at decathlon is listed as 'end of collection'

I've heard there are some bargains to be had with end of collection stuff at decathlon - the bike is currently listed as £499 - does any one have any idea how much is likely to be knocked off it?

There look some decent bikes on sale elsewhere at the moment around that price so I'm wondering if its worth getting one of them or waiting to see if I can pick up a Sport 3 for a song!

Cheers,
Ash

Comments

• I dont' know about bikes, but Decathlon's sale pricing is a mystery to me.
    In the middle of December they had a jacket in Surrey Quays down from £49.95 to £23 (ish). I didn't have time to try it on so checked the web and it was marked down there as well, but not reduced at Lakeside. I checked by going to Lakeside and it was still thefull price. The price in SQ went back up to the full price and if was marked as "end of collection". After Christmas, it is down to £34.95 is all stores. I bought a different jacket in Lakeside down from £44.95 to £14.95 - in CW the same jacket was only reduced to £24.95.

So in answer to your question - keep checking in as many stores as you can.
  • juankerr
    juankerr Posts: 1,099
    Last time at the end of the sale they had a few bikes at 50% off but only in tiny or huge sizes.
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    Decathlon often do local pricing which applies to that store only.
    I saw sport 3 bikes going for £324 last year which was an absolute bargain, so much so I bought one for a winter bike
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    you could get a better spec'd ribble for that money.
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.