The Race section

drewfromrisca
drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
edited January 2009 in The bottom bracket
Anyone been in there lately?!?!? Its all drugs, doom and gloom!!! :shock:
There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!

Comments

• you right and there is some serious anti Lance stuff going on. They just wont let it go.
  • Yeah, they need to get a life!!! The guy is going to be riding a bike next year, just deal with it!!!

No wonder the sport is tainted with drugs when you get cycling fans talking 24/7 about it. I'm sure one forum member has only ever posted about drugs or anti-lance issues.

Like a bunch of whiney bitches some of them! :evil:

• DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    The sport is tainted with drugs because of cyclists taking drugs, not because of people talking about it on a forum. Pretending it does't exist ain't going to make it go away.

They tried that in the 1990s.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

Like a bunch of whiney bitches some of them! :evil:

Can I be the head whiney bitch please?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Hey there,

Perhaps I shouldn't mention that I'm really looking forward to seeing Ivan Basso racing in the Giro d'Italia :wink:

Pedro
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Lots of people in the race forum appear to be very envious of Lance. It's gotten to the
    point with most of them that they know they can never even come close to having
    what he has(fame, fortune, etc.) so they figure if they can't have it, well then, neither should he and they try to destroy it. Envy can be a horrible thing, as you see in the
    race posts section. Sad stuff.

Dennis Noward
  • DaveyL
    Rubbish
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • dennisn
    DaveyL wrote:
    Rubbish

I see, way over the top, envy and jealousy in most of the race posts about Lance.
    Prove me wrong. Shouldn't be hard. After all, you're the guys who "proved" that
    he did drugs when no one else could make things like that stick. And as an added plus
    you've got Arelio on your side.

Dennis Noward
  • DaveyL
    You prove it's envy.

I'd say there are a lot of various drivers behind some of the anti-Lance posts: anti-Americanism, anti-drugs, and some people just get rubbed up the wrong way by the guy's attitude. I can't say I see a lot of envy. There are plenty of pro cyclists who have fame and fortune. I guess those posters should be envious of them too, eh?

As we've already established over on Race, you're just a troll, Dennis.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • dennisn
    DaveyL wrote:
    As we've already established over on Race, you're just a troll, Dennis.

Ya got that right. You guys are great fun to fish for. Easy to catch and release.
    Very few keepers though(too small).

Dennis Noward
  • DaveyL
    Admitting to being a troll? I hope the mods don't read this... What would we do without your incisive contributions?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is an example of what Drew is complaining about.

Race is the most tedious board on this forum; even Soapbox manages better constructed arguments.
  • dennisn
    Drew is absolutley right. "whiney bitches" who need to "get a life". I'm completely
    gone from these idiots. So long all, it's been weird.

Dennis Noward
  • Cheers Gavin & Dennis, as you say point proven!!!

• DaveyL
    Perhaps you guys should post up over there for some debate and see how you get on, rather than sniping from another forum. You might be pleasantly surprised! There is plenty of rubbish floating around in the many LA posts there, but there are also plenty of hardcore cycling fans who are more than happy to talk about non-Lance stories, and even stuff not related to doping from time to time! Sadly though, if you talk about pro cycle racing these days, you end up talking about doping. That's the way it is, and ignoring it won't make it go away, but maybe making a noise about it on an internet forum might help in a very small way - it at least is one way of showing the fans have had enough of it.

As for Dennis, I'm puzzled. He offers sane contributions on other forums, but the minute he steps over the threshold of Race, he prefers instead to wind people up (as he happily admits), and has been told by the mods to play the point, not the man, on one occasion. He also admits he doesn't care about pro cycle racing, so you might begin to question why he posts in Race... Well, that's up to him I suppose but as many people in Race are done with him as he is of them.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • DaveyL wrote:
    Perhaps you guys should post up over there for some debate and see how you get on, rather than sniping from another forum. You might be pleasantly surprised!

No thanks don't want to. I'm quite happy to post on here about the race section. Its a free forum so I can post and say what I want, just as much as you can. I can also comment on what you write, if you don't like it don't read it, no problem.

• DaveyL
    Fair enough, Drew. I tried to make that sound as unaggressive as possible as that was the way it was intended. Seriously, if you want to talk about Racing, go over there and post. You'll soon suss out who is worth reading and responding to and who isn't. And there's enough there to make it worth your while, if you're interested. Honest!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • DaveyL
    Should add that it is a pretty quiet time in the racing season just now, so a fair bit of "silly season" stuff is to be expected. It'll pick up - probably when the TdU starts... :wink:
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • No offence taken DaveyL, I appreciate what your trying to say on the race section but sometimes it does get a bit dark and gloomy there!

I don't want to make any enemies so I don't want to start sniping and bitching myself.

Let's get in the New Year spirit shall we!!! :D

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    DaveyL wrote:
    Perhaps you guys should post up over there for some debate and see how you get on, rather than sniping from another forum. You might be pleasantly surprised!

No thanks don't want to. I'm quite happy to post on here about the race section. Its a free forum so I can post and say what I want, just as much as you can. I can also comment on what you write, if you don't like it don't read it, no problem.

Same could be said of the Race forum, surely?

Not really understanding the point of complaining about one forum from another forum and then saying you don't want to contribute. What would you like us to talk about in there?
  • Like I said, I don't give a flying fu*k I'm just pointing out that it's all doom and gloom in there. I don't care if that's what you want to talk about. I'm just expressing an opinion. Or am I not allowed to?

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    You can express whatever you like, no need to be so defensive. There is some doom and gloom, that's true, but I'd also point out that a lot of it comes from people like dennisn and some others who only ever go into Race to b-itch and take potshots at other posters. When there's a thread about bike racing they're nowhere to be seen. Very strange.