shimano winter boots

LoUiS1985
LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
edited January 2009 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,
can anybody tell me the difference between the mw02 and rw02 winter boot?? has anyone got a pair of either of these boots as i am looking for a warm, waterproof boot as i'm fed up of getting soaking, freezing feet!!
thanks

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Can't help with the boots but why not buy some Sealskinz socks.

I have the short ones for summer and the merino mid ones for winter.

Have not had wet feet even though bow waves have gone over my shoes. and at times dabbing my foot down in a puddle only to see it disappear into the murky depths way further than the top of a boot.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • i've got some sealskinz mate and they do a semi decent job of keeping my feet dry but the biggest problem is getting numb toes! doesnt seem to matter what socks i have or whether i use overshoes or not, my feet always end up freezing and i want a warm winter boot, any recommendations would be useful!
  • I believe that the mw and rw are mtb and road versions of the same boot. i.e. one has walking tread the other doesn't.

BTW sealskinz are good advise, i use them all the time in winter.
  • yeh that would make sense, thanks!! i've used sealskinz for ages but they dont keep my feet any warmer!
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Perhaps you might need a bit more room in your shoes, I always have to get bigger boots and shoes because of the width on lots of footwear is too narrow for the British foot.

Tight footwear gives you cold feet.

Seems because the ancient tribes of Britain had wider feet than the rest of the planet but most footwear manufacturers don't make them wider for us.

It's worth going up a size also to get the thicker socks for winter on.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • BOYDIE
    BOYDIE Posts: 528
    The mw02 are great boots I have owned a pair for a year,and use them even in the Summer when its lashing down.