any routes around clent kinver west midlands?

little wiser
little wiser Posts: 662
edited January 2009 in MTB rides
hi all normally ride on road commute etc and occasionally down canal have not got the best bike in world (hardrock sport) but only paid £170 for it and it was new :D anyway would love to try a bit off road around where i live but dont really know any where, plus only have road kit and motocross kit :) help please :wink:

Comments

• z1ppy
    z1ppy Posts: 103
    Well you named the obvious, you can get onto the Clent hill from Hagley way or the back end of stourbridge (pedmore), Kinvers very good but not that big - you should expore Ridgehill woods (behind the college), lawns wood, the Million wood, Enville tracks through to kinver (white hill) & Kinver edge.
    Lots to start you off, take it at your own pace - though let ppl know your route before you go wandering

Also check out Stourbridge cycling club as they run a beginner ride and will introduce you to some of the locals to ride with & where to do it.

Sleep is for the dead, but I sure could use some.
  • ridgehill woods? lawnswood?, million wood? any directions welcome cheers
  • +1 for Stourbridge cycle club, that's where I went to find out some more local routes. For the beginner ride meets at the Bonded Warehouse in Stourbridge at 9:30 every Saturday (more advanced/experienced at 9:00am)
  • used to be in stourbridge cycle club and work for one off there members, long story but i dont wanna bump into him things would not be nice :oops: . (ohh and not my fault). any way i cannot make saturdays any one go out sundays?. but gotta say most people in the club are great and have a lot off fond memorys off rides,races etc with them :D .
  • I'd give Sundays a go but I need to find out a little more about the routes we're using, at the moment I have my head down puffing and panting! When I can look around a get my bearings I'd be interested.
  • no worrys im not that fit at moment any way you would prob have to wait for me! so plenty of time to relax :D . just send me a pm if you fancy a ride one sunday when its a little warmer :)
  • no worrys im not that fit at moment any way you would prob have to wait for me! so plenty of time to relax :D . just send me a pm if you fancy a ride one sunday when its a little warmer :)

Cool!