I've finally worked out Christmas...
This is pottsteve's formula and it can be applied to the "Festive Period":

A = b x n(F) + B

Where
A is the chance of an argument,
b is the number of beers consumed
n(F) is the number of family members
and
B is the Boredom produced by having nothing much to do and the sh*te on TV.

In some households, the whole equation is also affected by the inverse of m2. In other words, the smaller the space available in the house, the more aggro.

I have had a largely pleasant Christmas this year (A = low) by living 6500 miles from most of my family, not drinking much and going out a lot. Really, it's the best way - why spend time with people you don't like and with whom you have little in common other than a few alleles. Believe me, I've done it and it's not fun. If you can't emigrate, book a week in Tunisia for next Christmas.
Happy New Year,
Steve
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    Although the formula cited above is usually found to be correct, my hypothesis is that there are certain environmental conditions that can change its effect.

I have identified an element WFF in my vicinity this year which puzzles me greatly but seems to work

Applying my data, you would expect my festive season to have been carnage:

A = b x n(F) + B

Where
    A is the chance of an argument, VERY HIGH anyway.
    b is the number of beers consumed VERY SUBSTANTIAL even compared to normal.
    n(F) is the number of family members GREATER THAN USUAL AND INCLUDING TWO TEENAGERS AND MY IN-LAWS
    and
    B is the Boredom produced by having nothing much to do and the sh*te on TV. TOTAL SHITE THIS YEAR, INDEED

And yet, my decision to get together in the shed with my mates to drink ourselves wretched and watch DVD's not once, but TWICE over the festive period, only resulted in a huge materialisation of WFF.

What is it? Wifely Forgiveness Factor.
    :?: :?:

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)