Easton EA50 SL wheels

cjcp
cjcp Posts: 13,345
edited December 2008 in Workshop
These received a good review in the latest C+. Does anyone have any experience of these wheels? I'm looking for a durable wheelset that can be used in sportives (Flanders included, so they need to be good over the cobbles), general riding and maybe the race.

Thanks.
FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
"It stays down, Daddy."
"Exactly."

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Flanders requires something different from all other wheels. Normally for sportives you want something fun and flighty, for accelerations and ease on the hills, for Flanders you need tractor wheels.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Yeah, true! I used Mavic Ksyriums for Flanders in 2007 and used them for everything else, and they seemed to do the job, so I was after a similar all purpose (for my needs) wheelset - I'm not fast, so there's no point me buying a lighter, race-specific wheelset.

I've got CXP33s at the moment, which are great for the commute, but the rim wear is faster because of amount of stopping or braking on the commute, so was looking at a new set of Mavic Open Pros with ceramic rims for the commute and keeping the CXPs for sportives and Flanders, or pondering whether to continue to use the CXPs for commuting and buy the Open Pros with alloy rims for sportives and general riding. Then saw the review for Eastons and wondered whether they might do.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."