ajmoulton Posts: 2
edited December 2008 in MTB buying advice
i am looking toward a new mtb for offroad i have about £500 to spend
is there any surgestions

thank you aj

Comments

• GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    First suggestion would be to check out the what hardtail and what full suspension threads at the top of this forum, should give you some idea of what people round here think is good.

Are you looking for full suspension (perhaps a little dodgy at the £500 mark) or hardtail? What type of riding are you looking at? General off-road trail riding, whippet-like XC or something different?

Just taking a wild guess, take a look at the Kona Blast Deluxe and see if you can get a discounted '08 model.
  • jadamson
    jadamson Posts: 644
    also do a search before you post as there like millions of this thread already een asked an answered. i would suggest a carrera fury.
  • R34PER
    R34PER Posts: 193
    click here for a what bike thread. also look around for bargains online.
  • look at evans cycles there realy good and a kona shred 2008 would be a good bike for ur price
  • look out for offers on 2008 bikes, bike prices have gone up on the 2009 bikes so there are bargains to be had, just check out the net, look for reviews and get a few bikes to try out at your local shop
    2007 SPECIALIZED FSR XC COMP - sold
    2008 CANNONDALE F6 - CUSTOM BUILD - sold
    2008 TREK EX 9.5 - sold
    2010 SPECIALIZED ALLEZ ELITE
    2011 On One 456
    more coming soon!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Yeah, this is discount time. The Carrera Fury would be great otherwise but you should be able to get a better bike with a price slash for the same.
    Uncompromising extremist