Replacement 100mm forks for Cindercone

scoob113
scoob113 Posts: 80
edited December 2008 in MTB buying advice
Thinking about replaciong the forks on my 2008 Cindercone at the moment with all the sales kicking off. Currently has Dart 3's on it, and my old bones could do with a break :-)

Considering around the £200 mark, and looking at air shocks if possible. General use is the Glen Tress Red (and bit of the black that are Red if you know what I mean.

Thoughts anyone ? Rock Shox is fine by me, and I can see you can get Reba SL for 230, which is a bit steep, or SL Solo Air for under 200. Or have found Recon Race SoloAir 100 for just over 200. Anyone got any experience comparing these ? All I've ever known is my Dart 3's and one morning on hired posh kit, nothing inbetween.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what brakes and what fitting if discs.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Reba is the lighter, better fork, and worth the extra IMHO. Recon SL is still very good, but damping not quite as refined, plus heavier and less adjustable. Recon Race basically a cheaper Reba, and gets the motion control. Touch heavier than a Reba.
  • Mattbot2
    Mattbot2 Posts: 384
    scoobmw wrote:
    Thinking about replaciong the forks on my 2008 Cindercone at the moment with all the sales kicking off. Currently has Dart 3's on it, and my old bones could do with a break :-)

Considering around the £200 mark, and looking at air shocks if possible. General use is the Glen Tress Red (and bit of the black that are Red if you know what I mean.

Thoughts anyone ? Rock Shox is fine by me, and I can see you can get Reba SL for 230, which is a bit steep, or SL Solo Air for under 200. Or have found Recon Race SoloAir 100 for just over 200. Anyone got any experience comparing these ? All I've ever known is my Dart 3's and one morning on hired posh kit, nothing inbetween.

If your old bones could do with a break, then why not get some rigid forks?

Boo dum dum cheeesh.

Yeah, i'm going to bed. Goodnight.
    2q2kfno.png
    ^^^ Click for pictures of my bike ^^
  • Hi - brakes are ayes Stroker Ryde Hydraulic V6, fitting not sure. Need to investigate that. Not worked out what the different fittings are as yet.
  • Mattbot2 wrote:
    [

If your old bones could do with a break, then why not get some rigid forks?

Boo dum dum cheeesh.

Yeah, i'm going to bed. Goodnight.

Heh heh, aye that would certainly break something. I shudder to think :-)