RARGH PARENTS

Mattbot2
Mattbot2 Posts: 384
edited December 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Grrr...

I asked mum about 2 weeks ago if she could take 2 of my mates to our local bike place, this friday. And then I'll ride with dad, and have the 3 bikes in the back. Now Mum is kicking up a fuss because it's "just us" doing all the work, this time round. Now she's saying I never even asked her. Arrghh. Maybe I should just bike there.

/Rant.
2q2kfno.png
^^^ Click for pictures of my bike ^^

Comments

• missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    How far is your local bike place?

I reguarly commute 15 miles each way to some places and find it no hardship whatsoever.
  • Mattbot2
    It's 6 miles each way, but we've never been before. I guess we could try and find our way.
    2q2kfno.png
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    where are you going..woburn?

Aim for the hill you can see from Bow Brickhill train station (past Walnut Tree and Walton Park) - the hill goes up into the woods that are part of woburn trails.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • Mattbot2
    nonnac85 wrote:
    where are you going..woburn?

Aim for the hill you can see from Bow Brickhill train station (past Walnut Tree and Walton Park) - the hill goes up into the woods that are part of woburn trails.

Yeah, going to Woburn. Coming from Kingston though, so It seems straight forward, just follow Newport road down.
    2q2kfno.png
  • nonnac85
    yep and then either go up church road (in Woburn Sands - right up the hill off the funny double roundabout) to the start of the XC trails or straight on at double roundabout out of Woburn Sands until you see a layby / grass verge on the right with a track leading up to the jumps / mini DH area

see this Google Map.
  • hah parents are good. You don't realise it till you are older, but they really are good, and useful and interested in your well-being etc.....
  • Mattbot2
    hah parents are good. You don't realise it till you are older, but they really are good, and useful and interested in your well-being etc.....

There's no useful, good, or well-being part about it!

Just had more arguments. Grargh. Can't reason with women, I swear. :evil:
    2q2kfno.png
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Trust me, when you're older - they'll come in VERY useful! haha
  • Mattbot2
    missmarple wrote:
    Trust me, when you're older - they'll come in VERY useful! haha

Yeah. I'd imagine they will do when i'm older. And they usually are. But in this case. They're being nothing but unreasonable. Well, she is at least.
    2q2kfno.png
  • Mattbot2
    This route looks okay yesh?

http://www.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&saddr= ... 6&t=h&z=17

From Tesco Kingston car park, to the Woburn Trails. Should be pretty easy. Just follow the road by the looks of things.
    2q2kfno.png
  • nonnac85
    yep that route is fine. takes you to the grass verge / layby with the track that goes up to the DJ and DH area
  • Mattbot2
    Cheers man.
    2q2kfno.png
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    My rents just stumped up £150 to make sure I got a bike before the New Year.....give them a break! :D