I am 30 years young today

GT Destroyer
GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
edited January 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Well its finally arrived, I am 30 today.

I'm looking forward to changing my job next year - If all goes to plan.
I'm also looking forward to more time on the bike, I want to ride abroad somewhere.

I might even get some birthday pennies so I can get more pimpage for the bike!

CAKE for GT.

Comments

• schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Many happy returns, unsure as to what I'm doing up at this time, but yeah have a good day!
  • Happy b'day mate- it was mine a few days ago, wish it wasn't so close to Crimbo!

Is it as scary as it seems being the big three-oh? Only 362 days til I find out myself but I'd like to prepair myself if possible :lol:
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • No not really. To be fair I've never had as much money given to me by friends and family. New bits for the bike are definately on their way!
  • happy birthday mate...go spoil your ride :)
  • Happy Birthday

if you pimp your bike post us some pics if possible

thx Bail
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Happy b'day, 30s not so bad. Closer to 40 myself :shock: :evil: :oops: :cry: .

Don't forget the my workshop's at your disposal for bike pimping if so desired, assuming the stumpy is back together :oops: . Finally got round to stripping it, unfortunately it's just a pile of bits and a frame hanging from the stand at the moment.

Hardtail is up and running though. Tried out my er pimped bits a couple of days ago, no lasting problems :shock: , so looks like I'm out and about again :lol: .
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    happy birthday GT :D
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday dear GT,
    Happy Birthday to you!

30's not so bad.

I'm 35 in a few months and still quicker on the bike and when rockclimbing than most of my 20-ish year old mates :D
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • i've still got a long way too go till 30 but i can't wait :P . happy b'day :D.
  • Thanks everyone for your replies.

Thanks to Jon for the offer of a workshop - :)

Also thanks to hucking for the birthday song - I enjoyed that!

I've had some beers already, and got beaten at darts in the local - The wife has something of a surprise planned for this evening and I have no idea what it is!

I am also a bit annoyed, we bought a fancy home cinema thingy today to go with the PS3 and the SkyHD but it won't connect together and I'm still learning about how I can do it from this techy forum I'm a member at!

I have done so well to avoid any spelling mistakes given the amount of alcohol I have consumed.

I might report back after my evening and see if you can manage to decipher my posts then!

Plus I have an inordinate amount of money to pimp the bike - I can not wait to get spending!

Until later.

GT.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Happy birthday, same age as me!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    happy birthday
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    Happy Birthday GT. :)
  • Well it was a night out at the local Italian restaraunt, with loads of poeple there as a surprise!

I now feel ill, we didn't stop until about 2AM!

Thanks again for birthday messages!
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Happy Birthday! (Bit late I know :roll: )
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Well at least you'll have time to get better before doing it all over again tonight :lol:.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • GT Destroyer
    Muddy.Bail wrote:
    Happy Birthday

thx Bail

As it happens I am due to pimp the bike tomorrow, it might well be ready for collection tomorrow too, so I shall post some pics when I get home. I am well excited!!
  • davree
    davree Posts: 93
    Happy belated birthday GT :D

I must have missed this, thanks for the birthday wishes on my thread!

Dave
    '08 Stinky and an old Saracen X-tort Single speed

"It would not be at all strange if history came to the conclusion that the perfection of the bicycle was the greatest incident of the nineteenth century"
  • GT Destroyer
    Muddy.Bail wrote:
    Happy Birthday

thx Bail

As it happens I am due to pimp the bike tomorrow, it might well be ready for collection tomorrow too, so I shall post some pics when I get home. I am well excited!!

Well scrap that, I got very ill through the night and have been diagnosed with laryngitis by the doc. Man I feel very ill, I also can't speak, my voice has gone, but completely gone, I sound like a little mouse! So bike bits will have to be later I'm afraid, I am gutted!