'RPCC' Christmas riding plans?

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
Just thought I'd stick this up for the embryonic 'RPCC' regulars to plan riding opportunities over the Christmas period, and for anyone who's not yet been able to join one of the weekend rides to tag along whenever they can or want to! 8)

For info for anyone joining for the first time, we usually meet at Richmond Gate, Richmond Park, and I see no reason for that to change over the Christmas break!

As yet I have nothing definite planned although I am likely to be heading back to Worthing on the bike on either Sunday 21st or Monday 22nd, probably via Pitch Hill on the North Downs - anyone who wants to join me for the full journey or peel off in the Surrey Hills is more than welcome. Worthing is 12 miles West of Brighton, so easy to get back on the train :D

It's possible I might do some back-to-back journeys to and from Worthing as well, depending on how bored I get over the break!

Otherwise I'm sure there will be impromptu laps of Richmond Park going on

So, who's doing what and when? :shock:

Comments

• felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Me, tomorrow am 3 laps of Richmond Park sometime in the morning!

After that my brother in law will be out being 'encouraged' to stopp boozing and come round the park with me, or for a quick ride to Windsor or Surrey Hills or back.

:D
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • yogi
    yogi Posts: 456
    I'll be in Twickenham for some of the Christmas break. I'm looking forward to a few laps of the park so might be able to hook up with you all at some point (if that's ok). I'll have to fit in with family so difficult to make any firm plans.

Rich-Ti; I've done the ride from Storington (not far from Worthing) to Twickenham a few times - great ride on mainly quiet roads. Last time I did it was Easter and it snowed.

Look out for the YOGi jersey in Richmond Park.
  • Rich-Ti
    Right, my plans have changed a little and I'm essentially in Worthing for the whole holiday period now.

Might ride back to London on Fri 2nd, but possibly racing on the Sat so that might not be entirely wise! All a bit 'TBC' for me I'm afraid...

Anyone else doing anything?
  • felgen
    I am in and out of the park all the time at the moment as I am off work on leave. I will keep an eye out for a yogi jersey. Interesting to see someone from Plymouth up here - I just moved back from Plymouth earlier this year.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • yogi
    yogi Posts: 456
    Give us a shout if you see me, I normally ride anti-clockwise....only in the park mind!
  • felgen
    I ride anticlockwise too, so it might be a while before we spotted eachother.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    Might anyone be up for a ride tomorrow (sunday), maybe sometime in the morning. I have been riding round RP for a bit now since I've been back from Uni but I'd love to get out somewhere, maybe the surrey hills or anywhere else really. It would just be handy to be with someone else who knows a route or two, and of course the company is always nice. I wasn't thinking anything too strenuous although I would most likely be up for what anyone else is.
    Thanks
    James
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • felgen
    voxegam wrote:
    Might anyone be up for a ride tomorrow (sunday), maybe sometime in the morning. I have been riding round RP for a bit now since I've been back from Uni but I'd love to get out somewhere, maybe the surrey hills or anywhere else really. It would just be handy to be with someone else who knows a route or two, and of course the company is always nice. I wasn't thinking anything too strenuous although I would most likely be up for what anyone else is.
    Thanks
    James
    Sorry, I missed this. Otherwise I would have arranged something if I had known as I
    Was planning on going out today to ride. If you fancy a ride you could join either the Kingston Wheelers ride or London Dynamos if you are looking for a group ride and will only be here in the London area temporrarily.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • voxegam
    Ended up going for a ride with Chris from these forums. We went out past esher and oxshott and general places round there but then had no idea really where we were so turned round and took an alternative route home. I (and I think Chris would as well) would really like to make it to the Surrey Hills sometime. Anyone up for showing us the way sometime this week??? Would be much appreciated... :lol:

(Oh and by the way Felgen....nice ride....I have the same :lol: )
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • Rich-Ti
    voxegam - if you can make Friday at around midday to 1pm then I was planning to head out towards the Surrey Hills with LucyInTheSkyWithDiamonds, Chris and Felgen so come along to that!
  • felgen
    voxegam wrote:
    Ended up going for a ride with Chris from these forums. We went out past esher and oxshott and general places round there but then had no idea really where we were so turned round and took an alternative route home. I (and I think Chris would as well) would really like to make it to the Surrey Hills sometime. Anyone up for showing us the way sometime this week??? Would be much appreciated... :lol:

(Oh and by the way Felgen....nice ride....I have the same :lol: )

I dont suppose you were hanging about near the roundabout at the bottom of Portsmouth Road in Surbiton/Thams Ditton area about 2.45pm were you? There was someone on a black Planet X waiting at the side of the road. I dont see many of them around. In fact I have only seen 3 others round these parts.

RIch, you say you are riding on Friday as in the 2nd? I will see if I can make that - I quite fancy a Surrey Hills ride soon - so I would be up for it. I see potential extras for a fully fledged RPCC jaunt on Sunday - double figures maybe!?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    RIch, you say you are riding on Friday as in the 2nd? I will see if I can make that - I quite fancy a Surrey Hills ride soon - so I would be up for it.
    That's certainly the current plan - have suggested midday or 1pm at Richmond Gate and I would guess we'll start to lose the light from around 3:30-4pm so it can't be too long.

Afraid I can't do any earlier as I have to get back to London from Worthing first! :roll: :lol:
  • felgen
    Okay I will try to get there and let you know if I can't. It will be nice to meet some new faces :-D
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • voxegam
    felgen wrote:
    I dont suppose you were hanging about near the roundabout at the bottom of Portsmouth Road in Surbiton/Thams Ditton area about 2.45pm were you? There was someone on a black Planet X waiting at the side of the road. I dont see many of them around. In fact I have only seen 3 others round these parts.

Sorry, by same bike, I meant yours but in dark blue....although we did definately go down Portsmouth road.
    And yeh, I should be able to make Friday so will maybe see you guys then....in the meantime, guess I'll keep plugging away at RP :lol:
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro