Training rides sat and sun, north yorkshire

wheeler585
wheeler585 Posts: 552
Anyone living in the yarm area in north yorks fancy winter training rides on both saturdays and sundays, from now till start of racing season? :D
Up hup hup hup.....fricking hate that!

Comments

• Try posting here, in the "Organise A Road Ride" Section.

Much more local and I'm sure there'd be a few takers.

They do good runs from Yarm Station on weekends or Summer evenings.

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/

:wink:
  • Cheers chief!! Will give it a blast
  • Wheeler, if your aim is racing next season i'd suggest getting in touch with the Fietson Tempo lads. 60 miles saturday and sunday. Very experienced bunch of riders too.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Ok cool, dont they organise a few of the stokesley races? Are they the ones sponsered by the house? I race for the newcastle phoenix, so most of my team mates are up ooop north, hence the thread. Rob
  • wheeler585 wrote:
    Ok cool, dont they organise a few of the stokesley races? Are they the ones sponsered by the house? I race for the newcastle phoenix, so most of my team mates are up ooop north, hence the thread. Rob

Those are the ones. Hopefully be entering myself next year :wink:

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • You racing this season? Kevin Byers won a few for them, season just gone!
  • wheeler585 wrote:
    You racing this season? Kevin Byers won a few for them, season just gone!

Hopefully yeh, first proper winters training under my belt since i was out between dec-march last year with a groin strain. Kev's a regular on the training runs and he treats his turn at the front very seriously, haha. I would have hated to encounter him when he was younger :lol:

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Forgot to say, see you tomorrow (possibly) :D

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • poucher
    poucher Posts: 102
    Hi Rob,

I was almost interested in this until I saw your bit about " 20 mph average"

Right, OK I'll be there........riding a blue Honda Fireblade!!

Its the only way I'd keep up with you man!

Cheers,

Poucher :wink:

Happy Christmas Fellas!
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    Poucher - the Blue Bell rides are way too fast for me too. Have a look over at this site

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/index.php

It started off as a MTB site but there are a few roadies on it now too. They are starting to organise more road rides.The next one is on 4 Jan, starting from The Sporting Lodge at 9am. Duration is a couple of hours at an average mph of around 15ish, which is much more my pace!!