Early New Year Present!

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited December 2008 in The bottom bracket
This wasn't supposed to arrive for another 2 or 3 weeks...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31218589@N07/3140903496/

I'll be out test-driving tomorrow :D
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• snakehips
    snakehips Posts: 2,272
    Mmmmmm Nice
    Looks like a happy new year is guaranteed !
    Snake
    AS2.jpg
    'Follow Me' the wise man said, but he walked behind!
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Excellent choice of bike.A do anything machine.There are not many modern bikes that grab my attention apart from this one.
    bagpuss
  • bluecow
    bluecow Posts: 306
    A fine choice.
    Shoulda forked out for the comp one though. Its even lovelier ;)
  • Gary D
    Gary D Posts: 431
    You will definitely enjoy it!!

I do think though that the colour schemes for the Tricross have got progressively more cack!!

Mine is a 2006 model with the all-over gloss black paint job - much nicer :wink::wink:

Gary.
    Oh and I feel like I've been raped by an Orangutan :shock: And I've got legs like Girders :lol:
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Well,
    Have been out for spin and it's shaping up nicely. I'm used to riding MTBs and there are a lot of cycle paths around here which are safer than the roads. (A lot of HK bike rides start at 5.00am and are over by 9 to avoid the heat and the traffic). It's certainly harder to negotiate around the pavement furniture - the HK govt seems to think that cycle paths are where you put litter bins, road signs, grids, traffic barriers etc, but I think it's also to do with the fact that I'm going faster! I've bought it mainly for commuting - it'll be a 10.5km ride along mainly straight roads, so I should be able to get the hammer down nicely. I'm also trying to get used to the different gearing. On the MTB I could stay on the middle chainring and twiddle up and down for most stuff. Doing that on the new bike causes a bit of chain/deraillier rubbing, so I've got to work out better gear ratios.

I agree that the comp has a better spec, but it's a lot more cash. I plan to upgrade as funds allow, starting with the pedals and moving on to Dura Ace components for my birthday!

Apart from that, I like the colour - it looks better in real life and although we're not talking Pinarello red I'm not that flash (or good) a rider! :wink:

Thanks for the comments.
    Steve
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs