Anyone riding in Lancashire area Bury, Bolton, Rawtenstall??

hitchen92
hitchen92 Posts: 264
edited December 2008 in MTB rides
Hi

Anyone up for a ride???? I'm in Ramsbottom but can travel a bit.

Let me know.

Cheers

Comments

• stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    T'other end of the valley, up from Bacup, but ride down your end of the valley too. I should be out and about over Chrimbo if you're free. I'm off to the outlaws for a few days but I'll PM you when I get back (if I get a passout :roll: ).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    I'm not a million miles from Jon, in Burnley. Always up for a tootle out, but I'll be honest I'm seriously fed up with the shitty conditions round here at the moment. I think a few trips to the Dales/Lakes might be in order over Crimbo.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • Yeah, well drop me a pm if your interested and I'm sure we can have a get-togeather. I know a few rides up towards and around Lee-Quarry which is always a laugh and a bit challenging than other places, I think they've extended up there aswel so they'll be longer.
  • bellys
    bellys Posts: 456
    try this site they do night rides around there.
    http://www.meetup.com/Manchester-Mountain-Bikers/
  • I'm planning on going up to Lee Quarry, probably on the 27th via a loop round Whitworth and Rooley Moor Road..
  • I'm hoping to be out the weekend after xmas up at Lee Quarry..but the hubby has a chest infection so i doubt i'll be out :(
    Caz xxxxx
  • can some one give me directions to the best trails around burnley/blackburn/rawtenstall area's please

i have been riding around clifton country park and all the surrounding area's and canals but i wouldnt mind getting on other trails in the area!

im from swinton btw

thanks
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    can some one give me directions to the best trails around burnley/blackburn/rawtenstall area's please

i have been riding around clifton country park and all the surrounding area's and canals but i wouldnt mind getting on other trails in the area!

im from swinton btw

thanks

If you'll PM me your e-mail address I'll send you some PDF route maps. What sort of level are you looking for, beginner, intermediate, what?
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • pm sent
  • am in tottington, if you fancy hooking up