Riding around Stamford, Lincs

robyzf1
robyzf1 Posts: 17
edited December 2008 in MTB rides
Anyone know any good routes? Rutland Water really doesn't cut it....

Comments

• Rides that don't need me to put the bike in the car really. I'm not over fit at the mo either so a 10 - 15 mile loop starting in Stamford would be good, then some guys to ride with as well!
  • I think that you're pretty much limited to field's edge bridleways around there - and they're going to be quite muddy at this time of year. You could try the Torpel Way on the other side of Barnack & Ufford towards P'boro and Southey Woods which are OK in summer - but watch out for the doggers in Southey Woods though....

There are also some bridleways west of Stamford that I haven't tried in the Ketton / Easton on the Hill area because they don't seem that easy to get to from P'boro without a fair bit of on-road riding.

I'd recommed getting an OS Explorer map of the area and exploring.

I'm in P'boro by the way....Andy
  • Thanks Andy,

I've just moved back to Stamford. Last time I was here I tried a couple of bridleways west of Stamford across to Ketton and they were bordering on unrideable in Winter, there seems to be a lot of clay in the soil round here. Will dig out the OS maps and see what else is aorund. I'll let you know if I find anything worth riding