Christmas shopping

woodford2barbican
woodford2barbican Posts: 1,505
edited December 2008 in Commuting chat
This year I shall be starting at 3pm. Any other late starters out there?

This is not my latest - last year it was 4.30 with 6 pints inside me.

Comments

• One year I started at 2pm. But that was in the boom days when shops closed at 3.30 on Xmas Eve.

Aren't they open all night tonight?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    doesn't that mean you just buy cr@ppy presents?

"Ohh that's left I get one of those"
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • This year I shall be starting at 3pm. Any other late starters out there?

A man after my own heart. I like to get to the petrol station when there is only the shelves left to buy.
    Pain is only weakness leaving the body
  • Clever Pun wrote:

Not really - my wife has bought allthe presents for my daughter on line and I only have to buy my wife something.

seeing as she has been Chrismas shopping online for herself with my credit card she will be lucky to get a bunch of grapes!
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    I used to work in a jeweller's shop which most of the year struggled to break even. However, by 5pm on Christmas Eve we'd have drunk guys throwing money at us for any old sh*te, just as long as we would wrap it for them. It's chaps like you who kept the place afloat - good on ya!
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Clever Pun wrote:

Not really - my wife has bought allthe presents for my daughter on line and I only have to buy my wife something.

seeing as she has been Chrismas shopping online for herself with my credit card she will be lucky to get a bunch of grapes!

lucky girl
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    This year I shall be starting at 3pm. Any other late starters out there?

You must be either a very good shopper or ace and explaining why all your presents are so crap :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Just finished doing the wrapping of mine. Why did I buy odd shaped pressies that were a sod to wrap :x
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    I'm usually shopping on Christmas Eve too, but this year I was astoundingly well organised and had all but one present bought two weeks ago, including my own as Santa didn't know which set of rigid forks to buy me for the commuter bike :lol:
    Today is a good day to ride
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    I finished mine in November :P

Which means that during December, while everyone is spending all the money doing theirs, for the sake of not feeling left out i go and buy myself stuff :D
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    redvee wrote:
    Just finished doing the wrapping of mine. Why did I buy odd shaped pressies that were a sod to wrap :x

Scrunch and stick :lol: or put them all in one huge box with a bow on top - magic :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.