Cycling shops and the credit crunch

Lysander
Lysander Posts: 349
edited December 2008 in Campaign
Does anyone know of a single cycle shop that has been effected by the economic crisis. I've read in the papers that the cycle trade is unaffected by the down turn.
There is one shop that I hope will be affected!

Comments

• which ones that then?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Lysander
    It begins with S and is based Surrey. People who read this forum regularly will know.
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Isn't the cycling industry said to be doing well out of the crisis? More people turning to cycling cos it's cheaper than cars & public transport?
  • iain_j wrote:
    Isn't the cycling industry said to be doing well out of the crisis? More people turning to cycling cos it's cheaper than cars & public transport?

Yes, and a MTB is probably more likely to make it across a muddy field than a stupid, fat Land Rover on road tyres. Honestly, I don't quite think I can put into words my hate for 4x4's.

It could also be that people are buying gifts like clothing, pumps and accessories for Christmas. I assume that they make up as big a part of a LBS' trade as bikes do.

Pedro
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Lysander - you're vindictiveness really does sink to new levels. :roll:

You'll be delighted to hear that business is booming in the shop in question. Your perceptions of customer service are clearly not shared by the majority.
  • Lysander
    Hi andyp! Good to hear from you. I think 2009 is going to be very difficult for anyone in retail. Especially those who simply aren't competitive such as S.
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    edited December 2008
    Lysander wrote:
    There is one shop that I hope will be affected!
    Nice. Wishing financial ruin and redundancy on people. :roll:

Actually, have two more: :roll: :roll:
  • Lysander, have you considered just not shopping there and leaving it at that?
    That's slightly more human than wishing catastrophe on every one who works there.