L. A. Confidentiel : Les secrets de Lance Armstrong

moscowflyer
moscowflyer Posts: 540
edited January 2009 in Pro race
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the above in English? According to Wiki it's supposed to be available in PDF format online, but I haven't been able to find it as of yet.

Comments

• it says lance has the picture of the fallen madonna with the big boobies and rene has ze two english airmen hidden under his bed.

learnt french of the tv when i was a kid.
  • it says lance has the picture of the fallen madonna with the big boobies and rene has ze two english airmen hidden under his bed.

learnt french of the tv when i was a kid.

You wouldnt know i learnt french of the tv when i was a kid.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    But you still haven't learnt to click the submit button only once!
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • It use to be downloadable in 4 PDF files, from a chinese pharmaceutical company of all places. I think they made something called EPO. :roll:
    Not there any more, so unless you know somebody who has a copy.......
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I read it in PDF...it didn't say much...the only striking thing in it was the there are some underlying markers of testicular cancer which doping tests should would have showed up as highly abnormal in a male of his age and yet his samples did not show the elevated levels of one of the markers of testicular cancer and the theory was cause he manipulated it and they quotet a French oncologist or medical expert who explains the science of it-quite compelling actually...but not proven...also the rolex watch to Anderson's ex, and Emma Oreilly's diary...he basically blanks Stephen Swart as he leaves a hotel fired from the team-Motorola...doesn't much to even say bye as swart leaves the room or something, would not ...and he was really shitty to an ex USPS rider from 97 when he joined in 98 re a bonus, had the team chase the guy down the next season etc.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Dave_1:

Eh?
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    pottssteve wrote:
    Dave_1:

Eh?

Walsh's book has stuff like an account of his treatment of an ex team mate ...an account of abnormal hormone levels that should have been evident in anti-doping test pre 97, buying flashy rolexes for friends, his soigneurs account of trips with the team...google some names I mention...I won't spoil it for you. Do you need it cut and pasted? Sorry not to be more user friendly...HK does that to you
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    Read 'From Lance to Landis'. It contains most of the allegations made in LA Confidentiel.
  • Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the above in English? According to Wiki it's supposed to be available in PDF format online, but I haven't been able to find it as of yet.
    Try:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/81ba27/ ... s_1_50_pdf

http://www.filefactory.com/file/81bb10/ ... 51_100_pdf

http://www.filefactory.com/file/aaa0f2/ ... 01_150_pdf

http://www.filefactory.com/file/81b9c5/n/BigTex_4_pdf
  • ukracer
    ukracer Posts: 421
    linky not worky!
  • ukracer wrote:
    linky not worky!
    Hmm, it didn`t take the `digital brownshirts` long to kill off those links, did it?
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Latest from the Armstrong Twitter feed:

Having breakfast and getting ready to ride. 6 hours today. Managed to get Aurelio's links deleted.
  • ukracer wrote:
    linky not worky!

Worked for me!

(The links, not the drugs)
  • They weren't working earlier but are now.

Cheers!
  • Nice one Stagehopper. Had me laughing over my cereal anyway.
  • Latest from the Armstrong Twitter feed: Having breakfast and getting ready to ride. 6 hours today. Managed to get Aurelio's links deleted.
    Hilarious. Thing is, when I was trying to trace copies of these files a while back, I contacted a number of posters on mainly US forums who had posted links to these files. A number of these people said the files no longer existed as they had been traced and had received warnings from Armstrong`s lawyers to both agree to never post links to, or extracts from, LAC again, and to destroy all copies they had in their possession. One poster was convinced that I myself was working on Armstrong`s behalf, checking whether or not he had adhered to the terms of his `cease and desist`agreement!

What I do find surprising is how, given the breadth of the internet, how files such as these can be so comprehensively removed from the web. There are many articles, documents and so on detailing allegations against Armstrong which appear to have suffered the same fate. For example, just try find an English-language version of Manzano`s revelations about the USP/Disco doctor being a good friend the hematologist who did the UCI`s blood tests, and the way the UCI`s `vampire` tipped off Armstrong`s team when a blood test was due. I think that the only place a relevant extract in English exists is on the cyclingfansanonymous site. Most mainstream sites, such as Velonews, omitted all references to USP/Disco, whilst happily printing the rest of Manzanos revelations!

Here is a scan of the original feature...

http://www.multriman.com/news/riendechange.pdf
  • ‘Who controls the past,’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’ And yet the past, though of its nature alterable, never had been altered. Whatever was true now was true from everlasting to everlasting. It was quite simple. All that was needed was an unending series of victories over your own memory. ‘Reality control’, they called it: in Newspeak, ‘doublethink’

...The largest section of the Records Department, far larger than the one on which Winston worked, consisted simply of persons whose duty it was to track down and collect all copies of books, newspapers, and other documents which had been superseded and were due for destruction. A number of the Times which might, because of changes in political alignment, or mistaken prophecies uttered by Big Brother, have been rewritten a dozen times still stood on the files bearing its original date, and no other copy existed to contradict it. Books, also, were recalled and rewritten again and again, and were invariably reissued without any admission that any alteration had been made. Even the written instructions which Winston received, and which he invariably got rid of as soon as he had dealt with them, never stated or implied that an act of forgery was to be committed: always the reference was to slips, errors, misprints, or misquotations which it was necessary to put right in the interests of accuracy.

From 1984 by George Orwell.
  • Fascinating book.

Despite if he dopes or not there's no dispute that he's a a first class A-hole. Doubt you'll could paint a picture of a more ruthless, self serving, paranoid egotist if you tried.

I have to say some of the more scientific sections defies belief especially the modeling done on necessary Vo2 Max levels and the comparative Wattage output! Also good to get a counter view on specific aspects such as the Cofidis affair after reading LA's version in his biographies.

There are bullshit, lies, fraud, then there's Armstrong.

Aurelio, is there a translated version of LA Officiel around, as there are some unanswered questions, particularly the details of the Ferrari trial that was still in progress.