i need a job!!!!

mtbikerboy
mtbikerboy Posts: 325
edited December 2008 in The Crudcatcher
i really, really need a job. Have been job hunting for the last few weeks and still nothing!
Now that uni is closed i got lots of time but nothing to do....and this expensive hobby is chewing up money that is supposed to be for my living costs...plus i would like to be saving something for the future.... :?

i just had to let of some steam otherwise thinking about it too much will drive me crazy...

Comments

• Danlube
    Danlube Posts: 454
    Sell your Bike :wink:
    Kona Tanuki Deluxe
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Flip burgers for a few months and you'll get a star on your badge which means you can clean the loos with brushes and cloths and not having to use your hands.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,884
    redvee wrote:
    Flip burgers for a few months and you'll get a star on your badge which means you can clean the loos with brushes and cloths and not having to use your hands.

Or use the burgers & then sell them................ :)

Bar work?
  • Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    Try the temping agencies.

If you want a job for when you are off uni, you should be looking well in advance, now is not the time to look, back in october and november would of been a better time.
    Intense Socom
    Inbred
  • DHO Dude
    DHO Dude Posts: 292
    Make friends with people doing managment/hospitaly type courses, they do integrated projects with real business's. I just got a job in a climbing center through my mate who's doing H and M
  • Thanks for replies

Next Term I will begin the search early and hopefully also get some termtime work, though still hoping to get something during this holiday.

Do you guys think it is useful just walking into stores/bars etc and asking if they have vacancies instead of just looking for advertised vacancies?

Thanks
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    For me i just walked in every Bar/Restaurant and bike/motorbike shop and asked if they had any jobs going spare and basically that im willing to do anything.
    got me a job in a bar serving and cleaning up after its cleared.
    Gets me enough to go down town every friday or saturday and get some new bike parts and clothes :)
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    I worked in a pub in the eves 4 nights a week when i was at college, it wasnt much money but it was enough to keep me afloat and pay for a few small pleasures.

When i went on to uni i figured i would do the same but i was mad busy with coursework that i just dint have time for it, its amazing how far u can stretch a student grant when u have to!!!!
  • get a job in a psychiatric hospital, money for old rope!!
    i spent all me money on whisky and beer!!!
  • become a gardener £10/hr for clearng leaves and prunng trees isnt bad money for a student. its usuallycash in hand too. plus you get your nights free at the weekend to go to the pubs rather than working in them. :idea:
    A bike is for life not just for xmas