Rough justice?

feel
feel Posts: 800
edited December 2008 in The bottom bracket
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7787845.stm
Heard this on the radio first. It said that the offence took place on an invitation only (whatever that means) site for over 16s. The radio report also said that they will be put on the sexual offenders list for the period of their probation. Appears like a lot of young men could have ended up on the sex offenders register! Seemed over the top to me and the mrs.
We are born with the dead:
See, they return, and bring us with them.

Comments

• bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    "Her own conduct raises all sorts of questions but they are not for me to deal with in this court. This is not an appropriate case for me to give a prison sentence."

very one sided, even on bebo there is girls using their profiles to link to their adult webcam site. i already complaind to bebo about it but heard no response. unlike myspace who had the same problem, who actually replyd to my complaint and dealt with it successfully.
  • The girl should be charged with ensightment, as she posted on a web site where she shouldn't have been, and that material was of a nature that made the viewing of it illegal. With the modelling world using younger and younger models, how does anyone know that they are looking at images of someone of legal age? Best stay clear of any such sites IMHO, certainly not to reply to messages.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • This is where our well-tried but rather ponderous legal system swings into action... the trial judge has suggested that the law is suspect so (provided the men want to pay for lawyers etc) the case will go to appeal repeatedly until someone with sufficient authority decides it is not just; a precedent will be set and the balance of the world will be restored... or something like that.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,405
    I suppose the question is how "fully" they will be taken OFF the register after their probation ends

If they stay on there as "ex-members" that could screw them up royal, for what may have been a genuine mistake
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • The men admitted communicating in a sexual manner over the internet with a girl under 16
    If that's the actual crime they were committed for, then it's quite worrying as to what interpretations could be applied to it.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.