Alpinestars Cro Mega - Is it worth anything ?

Pieeater68
Pieeater68 Posts: 12
edited December 2008 in MTB general
Recently replaced my 16 yr old Alpinestars - Its still in very good condition - Question is it worth selling?
On One 456 Summer Season
On One Inbred Single Speed
Spesh Stumpy FSR Elite 08
Spesh Rockhopper Disc 08
Alpinestars Cro Mega 92

Comments

• Is it the one with the lush yellow and glittery graphics?
    If i am going out on one i am happy, If i am out on one i am happy, If i have just been out on one i am happy, otherwise miserable!
  • Have you got a picture?

The old Alpinestars bikes have a big retro following. However, not sure what sort of money you could expect to get for it. I did see a Cro-Mega go on ebay about a month ago for only about £55.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALPINESTARS-CroMega-LX-MOUNTAIN-BIKE_W0QQitemZ220300936516QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220300936516&_trkparms=72:1298

The best thing to do is stick a post on the retrobike forum and ask the retro experts what its worth.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk
  • Pieeater68 wrote:
    Recently replaced my 16 yr old Alpinestars - Its still in very good condition - Question is it worth selling?

Will get a picture uploaded on friday - Yes its electro pink, yello and white
    On One 456 Summer Season
    Spesh Rockhopper Disc 08
    Alpinestars Cro Mega 92
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    That takes me back to my youth, i had the Cro Mega DX with the white and grey frame with a full deore dx spec.

It was a great bike with masses of mud room but the cromoly frames did tend to flex alot at the bottom bracket i thought and when in the granny ring the front mech had a tendency to catch on the rea tire cause the chainstays were so short.

I wish i'd kept it now but at the time i needed the money and sold it to my cousin who proceeded to completely trash it unfortunately.
  • Hmmm...Nick or Supersonic would usually have leapt in and locked/deleted this thread by now.

Valuation threads are a no-no on this forum.
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    In fairness though the OP hasn't asked what his bike is worth - he's asked if it's worth selling.

I used to have an MS Racing CR1 which was the forerunner of the AlpineStars
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • I am not looking at a valutation and its probably worth more to me than what I could get - Just interested I bet there arent many 16 year old bikes that are still in tip top condition.
    [/img]
    On One 456 Summer Season
    Spesh Rockhopper Disc 08
    Alpinestars Cro Mega 92
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    Go look on the retrobike forum for info on yours.

My 16 year old Breezer Lighting Pro is still in good condition :)

http://complexdreams.com/pics/bikes/Breezer/100_2882.JPG.html
  • Do you have any pictures of this faithful old steed :?: Might be interested in buying it, mine was half inched 5 or 6 years ago :evil:
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    milkywhite
    but this bike is not an every day bike.

TargetP
    Please keep trades in the classifieds or as a PM.

And as this topic is now turning into a trade post guess what.

Locked.

Pieeater68
    If you are wanting to sell /advertise the frame please do so in the classifieds or PM me and i can unlock this and move it to the classifieds.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
This discussion has been closed.