More Tomke trouble

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited December 2008 in Pro race
Am I reading this right?

Did they also detect more party drugs in our Tom?

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza.be/wielr ... sychotroop
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It looks silly but then you look at some of the riders, the pressure they are under and the way they are surrounded by people who think drugs are part of your job. It's a world away from a mistake at an off-season party.

So if a normal person was up to this, I couldn't care but in this case hope that Boonen can sort himself out. Cyclingnews says Boonen "reiterated his innocence, claiming someone must have spiked his drink at an outdoor cafe shortly before the doping control. However, anonymous sources from within the investigation have said that hair tests have shown he used cocaine "often" over a period of months" which is a serious thing when set aside allegations from other riders that he was supplying them.
  • Can somebody translate this please?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Translation: It isn't looking good for Tom Boonen.
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    They allegedly found psychotropic drugschez Tom.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Translation2: It isn't looking good for Tom Boonen!
  • iainf72
    Tom on Disco Biscuits too

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... dec09news2

What a guy. For his defense he should just hold up a photo of Sophie on the beach and say "can you blame me?"
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Has he crashed his car this week? No? That's gotta be a good sign.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    afx237vi wrote:

Thats only because he's been too busy helping his girlfriend with her homework. (I'm surprised they haven't found traces of Calpol and Bratz glitter in his hair sample too)
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • LangerDan wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Thats only because he's been too busy helping his girlfriend with her homework. (I'm surprised they haven't found traces of Calpol and Bratz glitter in his hair sample too)

hahahhahaha that made me laugh hard!
  • HI there.

This isn't a new case though is it? This report is just details coming out from the ongoing case from earlier this year.

Re: hair samples - I've always been suspicious of cyclists going for the buzz cut look ever since Virenque went mad with the clippers and the bleach in '98.

Cheers, Andy

ps Never understood Neil Stephen's mullet though...
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • iainf72
    Jeff Jones wrote:

Tom looks like he's saying "are you sure that's dandruff Pat?"
  • maybe I'm the odd one out but if I was his age, had his money and profile, I too would be driving a Lambo, getting high and laying hard bodies. Its not like he killed anyone
  • Not yet. Who knows, he might kill himself crashing his car whilst off his tits. Let's hope there's nobody sat next to him at the time. Or walking along the pavement. Or coming the other way in a car.
  • ok, driving the lambo while high is not the best thing ,but high and hard bodies sounds good to me
  • It's ironic how a lot of cycling fans remember with fondness the drinking stories of the stars of the 50s, 60s and 70s. People sigh and say "they were great personalities - shame you don't get them anymore"

I wish there were more cyclists like Boonen
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    bennyboyh wrote:
    maybe I'm the odd one out but if I was his age, had his money and profile, I too would be driving a Lambo, getting high and laying hard bodies. Its not like he killed anyone

I wouldn't just cos it could ruin my career. Its a silly thing to do, it doesn't make him a bad guy.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It depends, we don't know if he's just enjoying the odd party or if he's got deeper issues that mean these drugs are a way of escape.

Remember, he's clearly under a lot of pressure and I'd hate to see these drugs become a way of life, some people might take things at the weekend and you might relate to that but you can't know what it's like to be in Boonen's shoes and to live under the pressure of the Belgian media all day long.

Remember, the gossip papers were full of stories about Pantani living a full life, partying, driving fast cars and being snapped with different women. Some might be jealous of this but you are only seeing the outside, no one knew what was going on in his mind.