Is cake stop the new commuting?

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited February 2009 in Commuting chat
eh NO!

those freaks are talking about how many press ups and what sort of ale they drink :shock:

F-R-E-A-K-S!!!!

Like we'd ever go Sooooooo off topic...

Where are you all these days?, I'm bored and lonely - hello!! is there anyone there...?
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    I'm here, always am, looming in the background like an ice patch waiting for you to ride carelessly for that one second.
    Or like the christmas tree promising joy to all.
    One of those two things that loom.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    I want to know where Always Tyred's gone. I miss him :cry:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • I have naff all to do at the minute.

Well OK I don't, but I'm suffering from a pre-christmas motivation slump, and have been since early september...

So yeah, I'm here!
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    I'm here :D but no one missed me :cry:

off on holiday tomorrow...huzzah!
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • I'm here. I'm going to be fitted for my Davros-mobile this afternoon. In many ways I am just like Davros, except dashingly more handsome. 8)
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I'm always here! don't post much tho, what can I say, I like to watch! :?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • itboffin
    Greg66 wrote:
    I'm here. I'm going to be fitted for my Davros-mobile this afternoon. In many ways I am just like Davros, except dashingly more handsome. 8)

Hello chap, hows the back?

Any advise on lens selection today? it's sunny with heavy shadows and lots of ground frost, tough call.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    I'm here. I'm going to be fitted for my Davros-mobile this afternoon. In many ways I am just like Davros, except dashingly more handsome. 8)

Any advise on lens selection today? it's sunny with heavy shadows and lots of ground frost, tough call.

Pink for that happy feeling, to quote Larry Grayson "what a gay day".
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Had my MRI last week; off to see the consultant to get the results this afternoon. Getting better. Still about 60% - shifted and rotated pelvis in the morning and can't bend over the sink + hobbling around a bit. But 60% is a lot better than when I was aspiring for a number in the teens.

Lenses. Tricky. I would be tempted to ride out the shadows and go for Blue Steel (suck those cheeks in boys!).

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Littigator
    itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

I'd go for blue or brown/red FWIW

G66 what is this Davros piece that you speak of, is this for your back? Still really bad? That sucks mate

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Enjoy SA Litts

I was at All Tomorrows Parties and my brain is in a puddle somewhere I think... knackered. Loads of great bands & I had an awesome time

got back and won the final of the netball tournament last night too...
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Littigator wrote:
    G66 what is this Davros piece that you speak of, is this for your back? Still really bad? That sucks mate

Davros? Doctor Who? The Daleks? Davros - better version of Andy - in the avatar? Is that 10W bulb starting to glow yet? HEEEELLLLOOOOOO!!!!!

Blimey. I'm wasted in this place. It's like trying to do stand up in Budapest :D

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...Commuting is better than Cakestop ever was, 8) :D even in it's Cycling Plus heyday...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Greg66 wrote:
    Davros? Doctor Who? The Daleks? Davros - better version of Andy - in the avatar? Is that 10W bulb starting to glow yet? HEEEELLLLOOOOOO!!!!!

Blimey. I'm wasted in this place. It's like trying to do stand up in Budapest :D

Listen Ironsides,

We all know that this whole spurious back pain story is just cover for your benefit scrounging multi million pound council house scam.

I'm not taken in for a second and have in fact grassed you to the Feds. I expect you'll find several long lenses being pointed at you as you go about your limping and carrying on. I fully expect to see you "exposed" in the Mail some time soon.

Greg66 earlier today

peter-kay-phoenix-nights.jpg
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Littigator
    Greg66 wrote:
    Littigator wrote:

I might be considerably younger than you Grandpa66 but I still remember who Davros is ya know! I was simply asking what the actual item of equipment was going to be!

Full body brace, calipers on both legs, iron lung? Are youi actually going to look like this next time we see you?

traction_man.jpg

Or were you hoping for something a bt more like this?

sixmillion_qjgenth.jpg

• Greg T wrote:

peter-kay-phoenix-nights.jpg

Hey - steady on. I've only just sat down!

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Littigator wrote:
    calipers on both legs,

WaddayathinkIyam? Forrest Gump FFS?

The wheelchair gags were for comic effect (oh, how we laughed at the wheelchairs :oops: ). I can walk. I can even walk a bit better than I was at the Xmas do.

In fact, I'll let my secret out.

I rode home last night and rode in this morning. :shock:

When I say "rode", I mean in a very loose sense of the word. Stuck it in the 21 and left it there. I also found out pdq that my normal riding position is causing me a degree of discomfort at Lumbar Ground Zero. To compensate, I have to perch on the nose of the saddle.

That doesn't sound too bad. But what it means is that the back end of my perineum has to cling onto the very front molecules of the nose of the saddle to keep my hips as open as possible and reduce the bend in my lumbar spine. Then I lock out both arms, and if I don't need to brake, rest my fingertips on the handlebars. I suspect I need rolled up jeans and a bike chain around my waist to perfect this so-called "look".

But it sure as hell beats minicabs/blackcabs/trains/cars.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Greg66 wrote:

That doesn't sound too bad. But what it means is that the back end of my perineum has to cling onto the very front molecules of the nose of the saddle to keep my hips as open as possible and reduce the bend in my lumbar spine.

This is a very long winded way of saying the saddle is, in reality, up your 4rse.
  • biondino wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

That doesn't sound too bad. But what it means is that the back end of my perineum has to cling onto the very front molecules of the nose of the saddle to keep my hips as open as possible and reduce the bend in my lumbar spine.

This is a very long winded way of saying the saddle is, in reality, up your 4rse.

what do you expect? (a) I'm polite; (b) I charge by the hour.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    Feltup wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Pink for that happy feeling, to quote Larry Grayson "what a gay day".

I went with "smoked" fat lot of use they we're as well.
  • itboffin
    Not so much 6 million dollars more like 6 million rupees http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baHxOjyabDk
  • Littigator
    Greg66 wrote:
    biondino wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

what do you expect? (a) I'm polite; (b) I charge by the hour.

So what lube are you running :wink::lol:

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Unrelated but so you all know

The wolves are closing in and the reviewed deadlines are looming, loomed and gone. People at work have begun to ask questions about where my work is. So I now actually have to do my job, which means less time for bike radar.

But what people (at work) don't realise is that I'm:

(i) More talented/skilled than the job demands

(ii) Mastered the art of batting things back to those that gave me the task in the first place (its a bureaucratic thing)

After today a weeks work will have been done (hopefully) leaving me the rest of the week to go 'balls out' and go post crazy on this site.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • linsen wrote:
    I want to know where Always Tyred's gone. I miss him :cry:
    You are the only one.

I didn't even miss me.
  • itboffin
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Unrelated but so you all know

The wolves are closing in and the reviewed deadlines are looming, loomed and gone. People at work have begun to ask questions about where my work is. So I now actually have to do my job, which means less time for bike radar.

But what people (at work) don't realise is that I'm:

(i) More talented/skilled than the job demands

(ii) Mastered the art of batting things back to those that gave me the task in the first place (its a bureaucratic thing)

After today a weeks work will have been done (hopefully) leaving me the rest of the week to go 'balls out' and go post crazy on this site.

D it's time you made the ultimate sacrifice and told work the truth, cut free from the rat race..

On that note, anyone looking to buy a very nice 4 bedroom detached house in the West Country, great for cycling :wink:
  • itboffin wrote:
    On that note, anyone looking to buy a very nice 4 bedroom detached house in the West Country, great for cycling :wink:
    Oh, I get it, you've crashed your house into a field as well now, haven't you?
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:
    Oh, I get it, you've crashed your house into a field as well now, haven't you?

Hey that cow and those sheep were there when I bought the place, all righty!
  • itboffin
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Load of balls!!! 8)

SCR Rlues KO 8)