FSA SLK Chain or other refit-able???

mfin
mfin Posts: 6,729
edited December 2008 in Workshop
Hi all, does anyone know about fsa slk chains...

I'm wondering if you can reuse the magic link or whatever they call it? ...I've just changed most of my groupset and need to get a new chain, I've got Sram Rival Mechs and Chainset and was gonna get a Sram chain (need to change chain for sure cos it could do with being a bit longer).

The thing is, on my mountain bike I use sram chains cos I can get them on and off the bike with fingers alone for proper cleaning with the easy powerlink BUT, so I've heard the 10 speed SRAM road chains aren't the same, I heard the powerlink goes on similarly but can't be reused? Anyway, this is what I'd like to beable to do cos its so convenient.

So I'm wondering if the FSA SLK has a reusable link (cos I've heard good things about this chains shifting performance so it might be a good alternative) or do any of the 10 speed road chains have this easy to take on and off usability of srams mtb chains.

Sure someone on here will know.

Comments

• wilwil
    wilwil Posts: 374
    Buy one of these

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/KMC_X ... 360020542/

but make sure it works with sram. They have a missing link which is reusable. Never clean it it in solvent.

Everything worked properly on my Camapg equipped bike after I fitted one of these. A complete revelation.

They are cheaper at Merlin Cycles for some reason.
  • mhuk
    mhuk Posts: 327
    The KMC X10-SL is £30 at Ribbleat the moment:
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Yup - the KMC X10SL in gold is the chain to have and the link is reuseable too
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • mhuk
    mhuk Posts: 327
    Is there much difference between the gold and silver versions?
  • wilwil
    wilwil Posts: 374
    mhuk wrote:
    Is there much difference between the gold and silver versions?

I don't think so.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Thanks all, ordered one (kmc x10 sl), arrived put it on in a couple of mins. Shifts great and I can take it on and off just like I wanted to which is great for the winter now that the lanes are getting muddy.