RP Training Group Ride: Sat 6th / Sun 7th

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
Same again - you know the score! 8:30am start, Richmond Gate, Richmond Park on whatever the designated day turns out to be 8)

I'm racing at Hillingdon Sat and might have already made plans for an alternative ride on Sunday, but if those plans fall through then I'll be up for a Sunday spin (and I'm voting for Sunday accordingly!).

Come on then, let's be 'avin ya! :P

(P.S. I fancy the Windsor ride on Sunday if my other plans fall through!)

Comments

• Right, the weather has finally broken me - didn't like the look of the weather at all this morning. Saturday AM is looking sort of OK but need a lunch time return. Sunday is possible depending on night before. Blue skies surely :roll:
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    com on guys... dig in.. it hasn't started to get cold yet..

unless ice just go no matter what
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    edited December 2008
    Oops..... double post... nothing to see here :shock:
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • felgen
    I dont know if I will make it to a group ride this weekend. I think I am seeing the end of the annoying fluey/cold thing that kept me off the bike all last weekend as at least I didnt feel like I was burning up today - therefore I am tempted to do the Hillingdon race on Saturday (new tyre purchase permitting). Even though its only about 40 minutes of riding it is smack bang in the middle of the day, hence not leaving much time for getting much else done around it such as buying a chrimbo tree, decorating, sorting out flat for imminment arrival of baby and in laws. Ultimatey that means its either/or not both days for me.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    How are you getting to Hillingdon on Sat James? I'm riding there at the mo, and aiming to be there about an hour before the race. Might also be worth pre-registering if you haven't already?
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    I'm 50/50 for Sunday and a definite no go for Saturday.

We have house guests so I may have to entertain them (excuses over), but would really like to get out. Don't plan around me but I'll check back closer to the time to see what has been decided.
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    It's looking like I'll be out on me tod at this rate :roll:
    Sunday isn't to be ruled out yet mate, I'll keep you posted! :D
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    If you're knackered from Saturday's racing I've got no problem going slow.
    It'll only be 40mins or so - I can't be knackered from that the day after... can I?! :shock:

Getting nervous and excited now I have to confess! :lol: 8)

Happy to do a Surrey Hills spin... in fact if it's just thee & me then you might as well tag along on the other ride I might be doing, assuming it's still on - let me see what I can find out, one way or another I'll let you know 8)
  • felgen
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    How are you getting to Hillingdon on Sat James? I'm riding there at the mo, and aiming to be there about an hour before the race.
    will either ride or take car, depending if the missus is coming to watch :shock: would also aim to get there earlyish, so when I inevitably run late I should get away with it.
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Might also be worth pre-registering if you haven't already?
    Have just opened another window to do that right now...
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    How are you getting to Hillingdon on Sat James? I'm riding there at the mo, and aiming to be there about an hour before the race.
    will either ride or take car, depending if the missus is coming to watch :shock: would also aim to get there earlyish, so when I inevitably run late I should get away with it.
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Might also be worth pre-registering if you haven't already?
    Have just opened another window to do that right now...
    Cool, we'll have to keep in touch then so I don't look like a loner! :oops: :lol:
  • felgen
    phips wrote:
    If you're knackered from Saturday's racing I've got no problem going slow. Especially if felgen isn't there to shelter behind (will I ever tire of this gag? I doubt it :shock: )
    Are you insinuating that there is a lot of me to shelter behind??? :?

Rich, I am sure we will catch up on Sat - TBH most people seem to enter those races as members of cycling clubs so they will have people they know in the race. Looking through past classifications there are always a few unattached riders. The way I see it club mate or not, everyone would like to win otherwise they wouldnt be racing - plus if you are trying hard enough you probably wont feel able ot hold a conversation with people much even if you do know loads of them.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Sunday should be a goer for me as well along as the night before doesn't descend into a Bacchanalian feast.
    Weather looking crisp and sunny so I've got no excuses really.
    James/Rich - Good luck at Hillingdon on Saturday - look forward to hearing the tales if you make it over on Sunday 8)
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    I can only do Saturday at this stage - have been volunteered to go iceskating with my missus and a group of friends on the Sunday. :roll:

Watch this space though, have been known to get away with a few houdini tricks in my lifetime 8)

The long grazed legged one
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    For the Sunday plan - are folks happy meeting at the usual spot in RP for 8:45? Gives me time to get there (since I drive down from t' Norf)

--Mark
    Fine by me Mark, I'll never turn down some extra kip! :roll: :lol:
  • felgen
    edited December 2008
    yeah but just dont toast your saturday victory too much Rich and then you will be okay for sunday...
    p.s. ordered tyres for saturday so deifnitely going maybe wiht support crew (wife!).. thought these were a bargain, and they grey matches the frame decals and the wheel logos, monochomatic stealth and about 40% lighter than my present tyres - http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/?fn=product&productId=1529&categoryId=157 especially with the buy 2 disocunt and VAT reduction. 22 quid each. Anyway I digress, but still don't think I will be there for a sunday ride.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    yeah but just dont toast your saturday victory too much Rich and then you will be okay for sunday...
    "Saturday victory" as in finishing the race in one piece you mean?! :lol:
  • felgen
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Saturday victory" as in finishing the race in one piece you mean?!
    yeah something like that.. Just hope I dont get injured in a spill as well. If the ambo turns up, it will probably have Mike the Jackal driving :shock: The ignominy of being a patient in my own specialty yet again is not worth thinking about.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • felgen wrote:
    yeah something like that.. Just hope I dont get injured in a spill. If the ambo turns up, it will probably have Mike the Jackal driving :shock: The ignominy of being a patient in my own specialty yet again is not worth thinking about.

Lol, the thought of being knocked off my bike in the park and being picked up by one of the local crews who I know is not something I am looking forward to, although perhaps inevitable.

Not sure about this weekend. I am finally off work for a weekend but have some DIY stuff that needs doing. Will see how it goes.
    https://www.bikeauthority.cc/
    IG - bikeauthority.cc
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    felgen wrote:
    p.s. ordered tyres for saturday so deifnitely going maybe wiht support crew (wife!).. thought these were a bargain, and they grey matches the frame decals and the wheel logos, monochomatic stealth and about 40% lighter than my present tyres - http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/?fn=product&productId=1529&categoryId=157 especially with the buy 2 disocunt and VAT reduction. 22 quid each..

Colour coded tyres...and you thought I was a show pony :P

I have the Michelin PR2s - good choice, you won't notice the weight but if you pump them up to correct pressure you will notice the rolling resistence will be a lot lower than what you currently have.

Well I've sown the seed about not going Ice Skating on sunday and the reception was surprisingly not too bad so a start for me is looking more of a chance now.

845 not a problem for me.

The long grazed legged one
  • felgen
    The emu wrote:
    Colour coded tyres...and you thought I was a show pony :P...I have the Michelin PR2s - good choice, you won't notice the weight but if you pump them up to correct pressure you will notice the rolling resistence will be a lot lower than what you currently have.
    Now I know why you seem to zip along when you say you just pop a bit of air in your tyres and give em a squeeze to test pressure, while I am constantly checking my tyres are 130 PSI. Yeah I do notice the significant rolling resistance on those cheapie tyres that came with the wheels, as I do on the MTB on the way to work but I really dont mind as its all about the workout. As for the weight difference- are you sure I wont notice?.... the PR3's are 130 grams lighter EACH which is about 8% of the rotating mass of the bike. I will let you know after Saturday if I stay on long enough to get subjective information on whether the tyres make much difference. To be honest for me it was the wet weather grip that sealed it - the ones I have no have no grip, hence low-siding it on the Box Hill hairpin.
    The Emu wrote:
    Well I've sown the seed about not going Ice Skating on sunday and the reception was surprisingly not too bad so a start for me is looking more of a chance now.
    Great attitude - ride now, skate later :D
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • felgen
    looking ahead to next weekend (i.e. 13-14 December) my brother in Law has managed to blag a bicycle to ride, and I assume there would be some takers for a ride then? Wont bother with a thread until this wekend is over though, or Rich beats me to it more likely.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • felgen
    phips wrote:
    Yeah, let's wait for the thread, but I'm up for it (weather pending, as always :-)) I was going snowboarding, but I've sacked that now. A ride would be fab.

--Mark
    Wow, you must really like our rides then!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB