focus Culebro 08 V Felt z70 08

resdubwhite
resdubwhite Posts: 3
edited December 2008 in Road beginners
New to this game.

Buying a new bike but want some advice.

Ok so the Felt bike has the relaxed riding style (105k now trying to get below 95 before next summer, just for some background) and will help, but which is better for beginner and does this SRAM kit cut the mustard.

Slight preference for the z70 at the minute, think it looks much better too.

What'ya think?

Comments

• I have recently bought the Cuelbro at a nice discount from Wiggle.

I have to say I cannot believe how they have managed to produce such a well specced and LIGHT bike for the money. It really does only weighs 17.3 lbs out of the box for a XL frame size without pedals. Astonishing.

The frame is a very nice ride and the wheels are first rate. I am particularly impressed with the SRAM gears and brakes. Changing up and down is easily learnt and smooth in operation and the brakes are exceptional in use also I have fairly large hands and find the SRAM levers fall easily to use and the hoods are the best I have ever ridden on.

My only negative would be the saddle, post and stem are fairly low range, but most people swap the saddle for their own faves and seatpost and stem on mine have quickly been swapped out for carbon versions for comfort and better fit for my size.

All in all I would give this bike 9/10.

I have also bought a Variado for my wife and it too is excellent and even better value actually.

I will probably be buying another Focus in the future, probably a triple for sportives. As you can guess, I am impressed with Focus.
  • I also bought the Culebro '08 from wiggle a couple of weeks ago. Got it as my 1st road bike - Was really impressed with everything (from Wiggle's packaging and delivery to the quality of the bike) the pictures on the website don't do it justice!! Definately looks like an expensive bike.

As above the bike is very light - significantly lighter than my brothers Bianchi (not sure on model but was about the same original cost, if not a bit more)

Overall - very happy!!
  • Just placed an order for a Culebro '08 myself, as it seems a cracking deal. The £50 of free toys thrown in just made it all the more palatable.