Really seriously warm gloves

Northwind
Northwind Posts: 14,675
edited November 2008 in MTB buying advice
Can anyone recommend me a pair of the above? Just in from a 2 hour ride in the hills and my hands are like frozen hooks... I've got pretty poor circulation and it's a bit chilly up here now :roll: (I may have to batter some nails through my tyres, bit icy up there today!)
Uncompromising extremist

Comments

• Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    My Sealskinz Technical MTB gloves are too hot to wear above about 3 deg C.

They are v bulky though, the non-technical version might provide more feel on the controls.
  • Northwind
    Ah, I'm not too concerned about that, it's never really been something that bothers me- my regular riding gloves are motorbike gloves, so those sound like they might suit me fine. It was down to about -2 by the time I got home, brr.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    Some people report issues with the liner coming out and not going back in again on them.

I haven't had that problem, but felt I should mention in interests of full disclosure.

Few things are worse than cold hands - probably quite dangerous too if you cant feel the bar.
  • Ski gloves? :wink: I have been thinking of getting some Gore Summit's. Think they are good to about -15.
  • Chaka Ping wrote:
    Some people report issues with the liner coming out and not going back in again on them.

I haven't had that problem, but felt I should mention in interests of full disclosure.

Few things are worse than cold hands - probably quite dangerous too if you cant feel the bar.
    I borrowed a mates Seal Skinz windproof gloves a couple of weeks ago because i left one of mine at home, and getting them off was a bit of a hassle! Had to do it one finger at a time. Don't know if it was anything to do with them being too small, as he has way smaller hands than me, but they didn't feel too small while riding. I had to take my ski glove off pretty quick a few years ago on top of a mountain and the whole liner came out with my hand, and it took about 10 minuits to get it back in again. Not good when it is -20 and 40mph wind! It's something you just have to live with, and just take them off carefully.
  • I wear ski gloves if I ride XC in the snow and ice! They're designed to grip ski poles anyway, so not an issue holding onto the bars.
  • Northwind
    Yeah, for the moment I'll just wear a pair of my winter motorbike gloves... But they tend to be properly massive, so not ideal. Hey, if I stick a 12V battery in my bag I could use my heated gloves 8)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Specialized Radiants. I used these yesterday on a 13 hour mtb ride and still had toasty fingers at the end. They even have a pocket on the back of the hand which will accept a hand-warmer sachet. Genius. However I only use them for the really cold stuff as they're quite bulky..
  • thinsulate gloves...... £3 from tesco....... work a treat!!!